Seedy Al's Brown Crown

Goat

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Swap the battery I bought yesterday for one with 60 more cca and gave it a charge.  Once I had built up oil pressure and plugged the coil back, this started straight away.  Was a bit surprised. 

Still seems to have idle issues when warm. However I have not set timing or anything. Need to clean over flow bottle so I can jam that in and fit radiator cap. Then once its warm I can attempt another tune. The little manual I have is pretty good for setting these carbs up. Tho am a little worried that it might have a vac leak in the throttle spindle. We will see.

• Like 5

Well this evening was a bit of a fuck around.  Had car running,  set timing which was so close was lol.

Running away getting warm and then suddenly it just dies.

Wtf is this shit. No spark it would seem.  Checked some stuff and swapped coil with no joy.

Dissy I was using had one of those magic boxes in it. Would seem it failed. Luckly I had hoarded a factory electronic ignition system for this.  So swapped every thing over and back to key starting like a boss. 

Still idles like a cunt.  I neeeeed to buy a better throttle spring tomorrow and have a crack at tuning.  Tho I do truly suspect rhe carb needs a rebuild.  Should aliexpress one for lols.

• Like 2