Seedy Al's 1980 toyota Crown Wagon, wagoneering Spec

Seedy Al

Multi pass?

Edit yay a new page

So work was quite today, and had arranged to have this car at work for the weekend so i could do oil pump swap and try figure out what the fuck was going on.

Anyway as said, work was quite, so got it on the hoist, dropped steering bits and got the sump off and oil pump out. After alot of diagnosing between us,

we compared the old pressure relief valve spring to the new one. new one was deff longer and had more tension.

Concluded that this was most likely the issue and that the relief spring had lost tension over time.

Magic

So the sump is back on now with a new gasket, just letting that seal up over the evening and will be back here tomorrow morning with new oil and see what the deal is.

tho, was thinking while its on the hoist, it might be a bit rude NOT to remove a quarter of a coil off the front springs. So that might happen haha.

I'm a little bit gutted my sedan isn't ready to drive yet, as Tomorrow would have been the perfect day for building the exhaust.

oh Well

crown pump.jpg

• Like 8

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So yeah,  picture less update for max who cares.

I left the work shop at 8.30pm on Friday,  old motor sitting back in the hole,  bolted in with no manifolds.  Finished up about 2 the next day after just general fluffing around.  So then took it for a decent test drive.  To my surprise this motor doesn't have ba blown head gasket lol. As said in my discussion thread, this motor had only been driven about 60km last time it was in.

So yeah test drive good,  what a surprise it also has oil pressure lol. And uses all the gas. And is actually slow up hills. But you get that with a 2litre designed in world War one.

And Mourning Cupcake took it for a drive to go see steelies today so she could learn the ins and outs of driving it, as she will be driving it solo to nats as I will be taking the c20. She did good job.

So yeah, just wanna swap the bench seat over.  Might struggle that tomorrow after work. 

• Like 9

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got round to fitting the peep mirror I bought at magoos during nats. Looks good but is currently set up in a way rendering it useless lol. However will address at a later date, as seeing getting this thing sorted to the point I am happy enough with it has taken over a year.  Next thing on my list is get the datsun van legal so I can sell it. As I still own 7 cars.  Its to many.

1496043038560image.JPG

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...