Chris's Sidetrack project

Chris.QCR

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

after spending quiet some time trying to get this beast running again. I decided to bite the bullet and spend a epic $122 on ebay.

Result

New Piston,Rings,Rod

New Carburetor

New Points

New Gasket set

Rebuild to commence this weekend

• 3 weeks later...

Registered! Soo easy in the end. Basically my flatmate works at aa and they were trying to enforce they new law before it came into practice. So went to VTNZ and straight thru. Well had to got to 3 vtnzs as the first two ran out of plates. They told me one guy registered 9 mopeds in one go!

Currently peicing engine together with new parts! Shouldnt be far from riding!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So finally got this thing running today. Soooooo many issues rebuilding engine. Has bigger piston now. Not to self dont buy anything of ebay again.

Had mates around today sorting out the carb tuning and clutch tweaking . Runs mean. Aint got 3rd gear which sucks. Keen for another bottom end thats good if anyone got one.

Apart from that the riding stance is good. Get heaps of looks riding down the street. Stoked

• 1 year later...

Well This bike has gone thru some changes in the last few years! Ive probably travelled a few thousand Ks on it too. Its been pretty good most of the time. Points have given me grief but its been good

So first up after the red frame i brought the Blue frame from the swap meet and swapped the running gear and wheels over to the sleeker older frame

Re trimmed the seat with a old flannel shirt. Added a tool pouch and made it louder

HondaC5014_zps90d2f202.jpg

Then a covered it with numerous tattoo and bike stickers

HondaC5011_zpsc7840f17.jpg

Roco then took it up to nats 12 for me and i rode it around the drome!

HondaC5010_zpsac41545a.jpg

I then rode 250k to the West Coast in the middle of winter with the QCR boys on a Charity ride

HondaC509_zps0ba23aec.jpg

I then rode with a dozen plus mates to a high country Lake . 300k return trip. 75 k of gravel roads with river ford crossings

HondaC501_zps1af1817d.jpg

HondaC50_zpsda227e64.jpg

HondaC502_zpsa0fe8e49.jpg

Then throughout the last year i rode to my local pub Smash Palace for Bike night every thursday.

Then the bike got some new feet. After the offroad missions i decided a multi purpose 50 would be cool. So another set of wheels with dirt tires and taller rear shocks on the back

HondaC5013_zps04fc5d84.jpg

Put on some burnouts with street tires with qcr at some bogans place

HondaC503_zps8d37da38.jpg

Then i decided to change the bars as i was reading far too many chopper mags/blogs

HondaC5012_zpsc91b8b4c.jpg

HondaC504_zps84805220.jpg

HondaC505_zps3b21950f.jpg

Then after some more riding and more reading of chopper mags/blogs decided to strech and rake it with some new bars

So the frame got extended 10". CT90 Telescopic front forks rake back a bit. Made my own bars out of a couple sets i had lying around. Anti Christ Window Pullbacks. Then resprayed with whole bike Machinery grey. Pretty happy wit how it turned out. Im now just changing the throttle assembly over and im good to go. Have done a couple hundred k on this set up and im enjoying. Have heaps more rides planned wth QCR.

HondaC506_zpse5352c37.jpg

HondaC507_zps35e5163d.jpg

HondaC508_zps5f7914ba.jpg

Couldnt have done all this without the help and support of QCR.

Ride with QCR

Fuck the Serenity!

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...