Runamucks - VG Valiant Sedan of Lawn Ornament & Rust

CUL8R

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll dig as deep as need be.

She's a dry carpet model. And despite being rusty now, ten years ago it was completely rust free. The cancer doesn't run that deep. I've met your mate. That business caters to cheque book builders.  It's no more rusty than you'd expect for a car of this age that has spent 20 of the last 47 years out in the weather. ......

• Like 7

I thought i was looking at my old VG when i first read this thread! I sold it to a guy down in gore before i moved to Melbourne in 2006 but you have had your one a lot longer obviously.

Mine had a 360, it went pretty hard.

Hopefully all that rust doesn't put you off too much,  you should see the 68 impala im currently restoring...

DSC00212.JPG

DSC00215.JPG

DSC00216.JPG

DSC00209.JPG

DSC00213.JPG

• Like 5

It was a NZ Todd motors built car, originally white with metalic green roof 245 3 speed manual.

A previous owner had intalled the 360 and painted it. The body was really good, although i was annoyed by the addition of the bonnet pins.

The interior was totally rooted when i bought it so i threw in new carpet and a complete pacer dash, which is why its that dark red colour on the glove box area. It had a VH ranger bench seat which i hated but was in good condition.

It was a sweet old VG that turned heads, and i ended up owning a couple more here when moving to Melbourne - a VIP and then a VG regal haha. 

Those 770/pacer instrument clusters use a different loom. (More like a vh loom) when I parted out my hardtop I kept the loom out of it especially for the guy who bought my cluster. (Almost wish I'd kept it tbh)  he was confident he wouldn't need it. I think he was pretty stoked when I said here this is for you. But he did give me a v8 hood emblem. Those fetched reasonable coin at the time too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Those 770/pacer instrument clusters use a different loom. (More like a vh loom)

Yeah, luckily that loom came with my dashboard. I only had to cut and solder a few wires from memory to splice it all in and there is a switch for 6 or 8 cylinder on the tacho.

Theres a guy called craig vayne rust a problem his panels are really good fitment, used them on some of my other nuggets. Not sure what the shipping would be like over the ditch but should be reasonable

http://rustaproblem.com.au/panels/