Runamuck's VG valiant 770 Regal.

RUNAMUCK

Here it is.

dscf0181.jpg

dscf0177x.jpg

dscf0179c.jpg

dscf0180q.jpg

dscf0178m.jpg

I'm shit at taking pictures, so thats It for now.

I've owned the old girl for about 14 years, and she's been on hold the whole time. The light in the photos is shit, and it needs a wash really bad. But in bright sunlight it lokks pretty damn goood.

She's running a 318 bored .030 over. Pacemaker headers, edelbrock manifold and holley carb. she was given a full panel and paint last year. I'm still (slowly) putting her back together.

• 2 weeks later...

well, I'm still shit at taking pictures, and there isn't much more to report. but I'd thought I'd chuck this picture in the mix. dscf0183v.jpg

I picked that up for her on tardeme a ways back. The motor (as it is) will never be a world beater, but it does have a single plane manifold. So a shot of goodness will be just the ticket to level up the playing field with some of the bigger boys out there. The Oznos kit is tuneable from 100-250hp. So things should get interesting. :badgrin:

The kit didn't include a bottle, But I already had one that I bought to use on my datsun. And I can only drive one car at a time. lol

Discuss

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/25749-runamucks-vg-valiant-sedan-of-lawn-ornament-rust/

• 3 years later...

Whilest poking around in the deep dark depths of the computer, I found a couple more pics of the old girl.

Here's how I lowered the rear

dscf0134m.jpgdscf0135c.jpg

It's pretty easy to invert the front spring hanger on Valiants. Although many of the '71 onwards vals have a larger diameter spring eye. So if it's just straight inverted, the top of the eye can rub on the floor, and make a cunt of a noise. (You can see how close mine is)

Not pictured is the tilting wedges that I've placed in between the spring pads on the diff, and the leaves to correct the pinion angle. (I'll be taking some pics of those next time I've got her up on stands.

More work has been done too. I'm determined to get it on the road this year.

• Like 1

I found another picture,

dscf1408w.jpg

Grill, headlights, and parklights/indicators in. As well as the eyebrow trims stripped, panel beaten, and reanodised.

I must say that painting the grill was a cunt of a job. It took me hours to mask out all the fins.

Looks like I need to lower the bumper bar by 4 or 5mm on the drivers side just looking at this picture.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

The unthinkable happened today, and I turned a spanner on the old girl.

Pre winter, I had some custom power steer hoses made up. (The factory hoses didn't clear the pacemakers) but when I fitted the belt, and filled the pump with oil the wheel wound around to the left.

So today I jacked the old girl up, and tried to adjust the bias valve on the powersteering box. This car wasn't a factory fited with power steering, so we had to make a factory style modification to the inner guard to clear the valve body. (This was done years ago, before the engine bay was painted)

However, today it was discovered that not enough was removed. So the die grinder came out for a spot of pruning.

Unfortunately, no amount of adjusting could remedy it. So the steering box has to come out. There's been an error made during it's assembly. (When a "firm feel" kit was also fitted)

With the motor being a V8, and he headers being so tight, odds are I'm going to have to remove the drivers side torsion bar to get it out of the car. (Which I'm not looking forward to)

At least I'll be able to fine tune the bias valve before I refit the box to the car.

No pics today, But I'll snap some While the box is out.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

As some might have seen on the book of faces, Karl and I dragged the old from her rusting place on the back lawn, out onto the driveway so I can pull out the steering box. And I do mean dragged too! I actually had to put a rope on it, and pull it out with the stagea.

It does run, and can be driven. Except the steering box fuck up means I couldn't move the old girl under her own steam.

Yesterday I put her up in the air, and had a geez at the steering box. It definatly has to come out the bottom. So I'm going to have to pull the torsion bar out. :-(

Since I only have one hammer here atm, I couldn't proceed with that yesterday. So I complied a list of all the things she needs. That way anytime I'm at a loose end I can find something on the list to do.

I started writing the list out here, but the description with each heading took too long so I decided to flag.

Valiant Pete Might be able to aid me in the extraction of the torsion bar/steering box. So that will be a real boost.

Also me being a complete fuckwit and leaving this thing out in the weather has meant that the body has started to rust out again. With a bit of luck I'll scrap though one wof before having to do rust repairs on it. *shakes head at own stupidity

Pete rocked over this morning.

With a bit of bashing and crashing, the torsion bar was removed.

Followed by the steering box.

It apeared that some moisture got into it (Probably because it sat with no hoses on it for so long) and the valve had frozen.

I pulled one from another box, but after Pete weaved his magic, the OG one was found to be the better of the two.

I only took one photo, but it's stil in the camera.

• 1 month later...

Another pictureless rant.

Today was a big day.

A millenium ago, we changed up the remote oil filter, to amke it less gay than factory. Push loc hosed used. BUt a local expart proclaimed that pushlcok is not best practise.

Nek minit lots of money I dont have was spent, and the whole set up has been redone using braided hose, and fancy fittings.

This was a 100 million times easier with the powersteering box out.

Tommorrow I have swimming, a family trip to the beach, but after all that, I'm hoping to get another crack at  the old girl. If I can get the oil system purged, and the steering box adjusted and reinstalled, there will be A) some progress pictues, and B) a fighting chance to have the old bitch ready in time for nats.

• Like 4

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

DPgLBg8.jpg

RR door striker

BMI2hrr.jpg

RR door/sill

Lm7dBBH.jpg

JBnujPU.jpg

LR door/arch/pillar. Shocking!

Kd1GyiJ.jpg

RR guard