Vintage Grumbles AE86

Brock-Lee

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coolio, good to see you have it running again. 

Couple of questions. 

1: What kind of flywheel you running? and

2: How far away from the strut tower do your trumpets sit? The t3 adaptor seems quite short compared to the custom one i have..

Good show!

Cheers chaps!

What's going on with the noise? Is that normal? It sounds even more like a tractor than an L-series.. is the exhaust off?

OTHER THAN THAT THOUGH, YAY!

I had to use the daily to jump it, so theres a 20V running just out side, maybe thats what you are hearing? That or the air bypass valve is loud as shit. Once that silly DORT muffler is removed, you wont be able to hear anything but suck. (Cue 4age/mother jokes)

Coolio, good to see you have it running again. 

Couple of questions. 

1: What kind of flywheel you running? and

2: How far away from the strut tower do your trumpets sit? The t3 adaptor seems quite short compared to the custom one i have..

Good show!

TBH, i'm not sure what the flywheel is, someone told me it was a JUN item, but I think it's just a lightened black top one myself. And I can measure the distance for you, the T3 adaptor is pretty short (which is odd for an american made item) its the brake booster/master cylinder that gets in the way from memory. I plan on going to longer trumpets and a dirty big pipercross filter as soon as I can afford it.

Nice to see! Now, how long till you have it at a track?

Ha, unsure, will be going back to the painters in a few weeks, so hope to have it back on the road in 4-8 weeks? Will be going to a few of Taupo's winter dual sprints fairly soon after that hopefully.

Well done Mr VG , 

Must be stoked to see the light at the end of the tunnel , cant wait to get mine to that stage (ill come chasing that 4age down)

You'll be done by the time you finish your holidays

Mr SR

Cheers sir! I would like to have had it finished by the end of my time off, but it has to go back to the painters, so I cant really put any of the exterior back together, tho it wont take long to slap the trims and bumpers back on.

Haha, I doubt you will have much trouble catching me in the Datto, that things going to be nuts!

What exactly do you need seat rail wise? I had to buy & combine 4 drivers seats to get a good one for my Trueno, so I have a few spare bits.

Your one is probably the same as JDM GT-Apex I guess? Has height adjustment for the seat base?

They told me the seat was way to wobbly, and that they wouldnt let me run next time unless I fixed it. I couldnt see any way of fixing the sliding part of the rail, so just welded it up. I also had to put a bit of padding in and sew a few rips up, as steel was showing, haha. The seat is rather fucked TBH.

Racetech got back to me, they would have to make the seat I need, and it would be $840+gst for the seat/rails/freight. Crikey!

Also, can no longer get the rails new from Toyota.

surely you can put the 85 ones in as a stop-gap? They should line up with the mounts on the floor and the seat I would have thought? Or are you saying they are that different?

You cant really, as the bottom pad mounts to the rail differently due to the adjustable hight doofer.

• 3 months later...

Warranted for the first time in forever?

I hope this is coming to the Meat next week

Well yeh, since 09, lols. Yeh should be at next meat, just need to finish sunroof, paint it and side skirts and its done. Then onto LSD rebuild, cha ching. The current diff sounds quite shit, i'm pretending I have a straight cut gear box.

• Like 1