Vintage Grumbles AE86

Brock-Lee

4x slicks for the front wheels and cheap triangles for the rear?

I must come geez at next auto x/ peer pressure you into doing D1s

Yeh mate, dualies up front, and rock hard kingstars on the back for max fail. Prolly will run road tyres on the back for motorkhana fun times.

Wanna try get 2 seconds off my PB round Taupo, hoping them fancy tyres will help.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is welder still being a cunt?   if thats a single phase boc industrial 250c then i got same. shes a good welder.  took me few goes to figure out the wire speed is also the amps.  The two selector switches are the volts.  So get enough heat into the weld with the wire speed knob, then tinker with the voltage switches until you get a nice crackle to it.  If it sticking in the weld or wire pushing gun away it's not enough volts, but heaps of spatter and plasma ball is too much.   I tend to use not even a quarter amps on car related weldies.  the burn back adjustment knob inside above the wire feed gears stops the wire burning back to the tip and sticking to it after you stop welding.  Theres more than one set of feed wheels available for using different wires like alloy.  you probably know all that but just in case :wink:

No but really, without being silly what do you think has gone wrong?

Not sure, everything else seems ok, but oil shouldn't bake up like that, not even super shit nulon oil. Everything was set to spec when I put it in, and nothing seems to have come loose or tightened up? All I can really think of is the oil pooping its pants.

Guts about CW & P. U could try going to oil manufacturer or importer with the old oil and the evidence and ask WTF? As yer nah thats pretty ratshit.

In my experience once they colour up like that theyre fucked. They have never stopped the whine and chip/break teeth easy as so no harsh driveline actions till u replace would be my suggestion for the 2c's its barely worth.

I wasn't going to do the track day because of the oil, but didn't want to miss out on all the fun, haha, I knew the oil was crap. Yeh, that's what i'm unsure about, weather to give it a quick check and clean, and put it back in with good oil and see what happens, or change the CW&P back to the 4.3 set. I'm really not sure if the CW&P will be ok or not tbh. There was no chunks or flakes of metal in the oil, but there was a super super fine metallicness to it.

Send to geartech, get a warranty.

Then have multiple cups of tea with all the stress and time you will have saved.

I really don't think the set up was the problem, everything was to spec, and its been sweet since I put it in, that's why i'm thinking it was the oil. It only whines under very light load, under decent load and backed off its sweet, unsure if that points to anything?

Will dial it up tonight and see if its still to spec.

Redline oil is the only oil I would consider for an LSD thats going to get a hard time, also their shockproof LSD oil is the only way to go in applications where big hp / torque can create problems for other oils. I have used their products and been completely satisfied. Just my opinion tho

Redline oil is the only oil I would consider for an LSD thats going to get a hard time, also their shockproof LSD oil is the only way to go in applications where big hp / torque can create problems for other oils. I have used their products and been completely satisfied. Just my opinion tho

I had that in it the first few times, but this is the 4th time the heads been out (first 3 due to LSD parts being missing) I have read mixed things about the redline oil, but I think what people are saying about it is impossible, so its probably the bizz. I was going to use top shelf castrol stuff in it.

I think it is decided VG, you will have to run an inlet restrictor from now on to keep those wild pony's under control....

If I run one restrictor, i've still got 3 throttles fully open, lewlz.