Vintage Grumbles AE86

Brock-Lee

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I got the 9's all round, I nearly chickened out (remembering the alto wheel debacle :rolleyes: ) lols.

Thats the best thing about rip off wheels, you dont care if you smack one into a curb! If I put an $800 rim into a curb i'd just roll up in a ball and weap. It must suck having your wheels ripped off so blatantly, but hell, its good on the ol wallet!

Nice! They fit much better than expected. So those are a 9" at 0 offset?

It's likely that the tyres will hit the rear of the inner guard at full lock when you get it sitting on the ground... and it gets even worse when you're doing a skid. Bash the lip of the seam over if you haven't already and try to pull a reasonable amount of caster into it to solve the issue.

A bit of rubbing at the front is way better than having it jam in the rear.

It's like having one massive brake on the inside wheel when countersteering. i.e:

boNVs-9561E

I'll have to watch te vid when I get home, but I know what ya mean about hitting the rear of the inner guard, I had to have castor added when I got the car to stop the tyres hitting that seam. And yeh they are 15x9, 0 offset.

BTW, has anyone gone throught the cert process recently with under sized tyres on?

BTW, has anyone gone throught the cert process recently with under sized tyres on?

A friend of mine just got a cert for his te71 with cronic tire stretch.

This has a wof and is dailyed

221677_1779382363459_1206391778_31662457_3238142_n.jpg

Tires fitted arnt what he went through cert with. He had Work 01's 14 x 7.5 with 175s i believe