Vintage Grumbles AE86

Brock-Lee

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many dents, but a fair bit of rust in cunty places. A drag you say? haha, Id get well and truely fucked over, what about a race up a windy mountain pass?

haha, won't be running 12psi until i'm comfortable with the track. never been to the drags before so sorta shitting myself :lol:

5psi is making 124kw atw so would be interesting.

sorry, I don't condone racing on public roads...

...but since you mention it, do you know of any nice windy roads in the area?

:wink:

choice, stock shim setup yeh?

Yep, still has stock shim set up, so know the cams must be under the shim under bucket threshold. From memory the cams are close to a rally grind? guy wanted mid range grunt.

haha, won't be running 12psi until i'm comfortable with the track. never been to the drags before so sorta shitting myself :lol:

5psi is making 124kw atw so would be interesting.

sorry, I don't condone racing on public roads...

...but since you mention it, do you know of any nice windy roads in the area?

:wink:

Speaking of windy roads, I had a plan to make lots of repeaters for hand held radios, and position them along a strech of the Rotomas, have a person at each end of the length of road to let you know whats coming toward you, and then take turns racing up and down the road late at night, even found safe spots to turn round and everything, just cost of making repeaters was a bit high, as you needed so many to cover all the black spots, was even going to have a light to let you know if you had gone out of range for safety! Yes, I have way to much time on my hands at work.

Haha, chur, well I think you can do it with heaps of walkie talkies, just tape two together with the talk button held in on one of them, I think that works? The Rotomas is the perfect place for late night racing, nice windy hill road with no houses/drive ways/other roads coming onto it, would be kool to go for a hoon knowing nothings coming the other way.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see you got a new guard man. Still thinking about using a different diff ratio? I'll dig the van diff codes out if you want them.

Was good to put name to face at the trackday last weekend, but it's a pity neither of us had our cars there!

Glad to see you got a new guard man. Still thinking about using a different diff ratio? I'll dig the van diff codes out if you want them.

Was good to put name to face at the trackday last weekend, but it's a pity neither of us had our cars there!

Yeh, those diff codes would come in handy, and good to meet ya to, dont often get to talk to fellow ae owners. Yeh was a bit gay our cars wernt race worthy, was keen to have a geeze at yours.

• 1 year later...

Yeh, I really should, aint even touched it in a good 4 or so months. I need to sell motorbike to get cash to pay for paint, as I spent paint money on hilux. Also, I have to do drainage work on lawn, so shed no longer floods, so I can work on car while not standing/lying in a lake. So its all the rains/monies fault.

• 3 months later...