Fresh's 1988 Toyota Mark II Grande

Fresh

• 2 months later...

Wound boost up a week or two a go. Was a crazy mad mission to get the controller on. Hitting about 12pounds now and it makes a decent difference.

Car has been nick named the whisper jet because it is so quiet so going in on Wednesday for straight pipes. Hoping to get it sounding pretty wild, will post vids after pipes are in.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Put my car up on the hoist the other day to check for carnage after my trip up to Nats. Sump guard has saved the day a few times. Rest of the underside is in OK condition, some chunks out of the diff and some decent dents in the rails but nothing to worry about.

Here are some pictures of the epic exhaust run that Surfab sorted for me. Everything else under my car hits the ground before the exhaust. Ideal.

VlBrc1W.jpg

f3kgMho.jpg

koxaNLd.jpg

• Like 5

• 7 months later...

Ages since any updates. Got a lip. Fucked my diff. Probably going to get a TRD centre for it. Everything else is still loving it. Might have to drop the height to some more chassis destructive levels for Nats in a few months. Looking at buying another project in the next 12 months and cooking up another creation.

EDIT: Probably should have posted this in my main thread, meh, admins can shift it if they CBF.

Heres some recent pics:

i2XZe49.jpg?1

dfRSyxg.jpg?1

• Like 5

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Holset recore went in quite a few months ago and has been going strong. Car is running about 17psi constantly with no issues. Whipped a wideband on it for an afternoon and its running nice and rich still. Who says you need a Link? Power is good now, pretty happy with it, if it stays reliable then even better.

Next on the list is rebushing the rear subframe and some wheel bearings. Probably need to get onto some minor rust work sometime soon.

No new pics soz.

• Like 5