Borgweiser's Summer project.. 1950 Humber 10

Borgweiser

Picked this up from outer Hamilton, only one owner from new!! Sat for last twenty years even has the carless day sticker still on....

IMG_0207.jpg

Got running the other day after rebuilding fuel pump, drove around block even has brakes still but clutch rusted up, not enough power to split the two on the road.. 10 hp sidevalve old R.A.C rating tho.. bout thirty of todays ponies.

body really straight was going to do a rat rod but going to go for the restored/ mild custom look

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally fixed Photo's..

Took plugs out today and had to use strong arm bar :!:

Wrong plugs were in it about half an inch too short, was told car was parked up as wasn't running right back in the early 80's then left after demise of owner.. Not surprised it didnt run well would be well down in power of which it doesn't have

:lol::lol:

• 4 months later...

Finally got off my arse and did something usefull, Pulled the head off the Humber, had to hang the head from the crane and use a huge hammer repeatedly to remove..

Found a couple of stuck valves and head and block so full of crap I turned the whole driveway rusty brown for days from power washing it out, half the weight now.

Got sick of greasy stuff so painted the wheels and whire wooled the hubcaps and chrome, came up alright.

humber4.jpg

Added some Headlamp eyebrows too just for some bling.

Sorry bout shit photos, was dark and 3mp is so not cool anymore..

More

humber2.jpg

Started sanding roof as the rust was really eating into it, sprayed black for a test was tossing up between white or black roof.

humber1.jpg

Blacks so the go, rest stays as is.

Just need whitewalls, Visor, warrant and sackage then ready for summer!

• 7 years later...

13941072_10209899487141260_1462779324_n_

After a load of work, time and two new owners..

It's come back, I enlisted the help of professionals to make the super complex rear lower guards. 

Pulled motor out for valve grind and clutch and now debating whether to OHV and 1725 it, kinda glad this thing has come back into my life- always regretted selling it.

• Like 8