How to Find and remove york compressors from volvos

durty

Easiest place to look for them is in 76 -85ish volvo 244 and 240s, if they are in this year range and have aircon then chances are they have the pump you are after.

once you have found a suitable donor to get it off you will need:

phillips and flathead screwdrivers

12,13,14,17 mm spanners and also 8,10,12 and 17mm sockets and ratchet (dont NEED all of it but makes it easier)

knife to cut belts and hoses off

screwdriver to remove intake pipe etc for more access

Remove the intake pipe and airbox for extra working room (couple of clamps to undo and some clips maybe)

way to tell if its the right type is that there should be a tag on the front just above the pully, will be covered in crap, wipe it off and it should say york RF210 or something like that

test that it works by cutting one of the hoses and turning the centre of the pully while holding finger over hose, should hear a puff of air if its swt

i usually hook my cell battery up to the negative and positive wires and if you hear it click the clutch is sweet as too

first you need to remove powersteering pump, cut belt, undo 12mm bolts that hold it onto aircon bracket will need to put spanner on one end and use ratchet on the other, pull bolts out, bend it back and cut hose off

undo wires to compressor, i usually just take the whole negative battery lead which is bolted to the guard with a 8 or 10 mm bolt

remove rest of powersteering bracket and biff it,

2 17 mm bolts between compressor and engine mount, one above the other

3x 13 or 14mm bolts that hold it to a bracket on engine side, get underneath car and you should see them, may have to remove undertray first.

once they are all undone, cut the aircon hoses and belts, grab it and yank it out of there

??????

profit

Slight spam, How much are these generally worth man, have had a couple of volvo's round here.. And know where theres another..

i have sold them for an easy $250 using $1 reserve on trademe, can get heaps more for them if you use a normail auction and are willing to wait etc