Truenotch's BEAMS AE86 racecar discussion

Truenotch

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip black flares, with silver bolts for UJ .

kyteler: Nah the AW11 race car project is canned now, this was too much of a logical decision not to make. Might get a free 4age and get it going as a roadie again though.

That's a bit of a shame bro, you should backburner it and once the eight six is running gravy, bring the eleven into the fold, race car team ftmfw!

Who are you guys kidding? You both would have got owned by the AW11.

Why? Same power, same weight, better gear ratios and final drive for carina, handling characteristics come down to personal preference IMO. Each has their ups and downs.

I've spent my fair share of time peddling around in an MR setup, (ie almost the exact setup that he was gonna use in AW11) and I dont think it's necessarily better overall than a similarly equipped FR or FF car on the track.

(at least at this sort of power level)

Who are you guys kidding? You both would have got owned by the AW11.

Why? Same power, same weight, better gear ratios and final drive for carina, handling characteristics come down to personal preference IMO. Each has their ups and downs.

I've spent my fair share of time peddling around in an MR setup, (ie almost the exact setup that he was gonna use in AW11) and I dont think it's necessarily better overall than a similarly equipped FR or FF car on the track.

(at least at this sort of power level)

hah, dude what happened to the massive explanation you posted lastnight? power to weight comparisons etc etc.

As for why, I was having a larry ;)

rambling on while boozed is not condusive to posts that are..... good.

No real point in comparing power/weight etc I guess, the theoretical goes out the window as soon as you hit the track.

"The bullshit stops when the flag drops" as they say.

So I need less talk more action, ahahah. Hence edit.