couple more from the zclub guys, i think maybe in the pic below my tyre pressures were a bit low or my lack of negative camber is giving me grief, either way 28 psi all round just gripped so well but after looking at that i dont know how it didnt pop of bead hah,

Img_9942_zps55f894a7.jpg

Img_9601_zpseed6707c.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

also its a bit odd with my coil situation. MSD for the coil recommend 3.5ms dwell time which is what i was running yet i cooked my first ignition driver just before track day, my second one at track day and now i have a 3rd one in there but havent started it on it as im a bit worried plus i need a new coil also as when second ignition driver blew it burnt out the MSD coil. clearly things are getting hot and usually wrong dwell times are the cause so i dont know if its worth trying to get a replacement coil out of MSD as their settings are clearly wrong. and its $120 coil which i fried because of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest mark105

last track day this thing got quite warm. so i figured i should have a look at the cooling system on it before this one, found out car has a 3 core radiator in it instead of the factory 2 core and when i took it to the radiator man he said it was 50% blocked up whoops. so here is one reconditioned radiator.

IMG_20130406_135422_zps1324bce1.jpg

also since last track day have been wanting more negative camber on the front and since the S14 top hats i got actually are backwards for the 240k so i dont get as much negative camber as i wanted i got these laser cut to fix that.

IMG_20130406_144752_zps45cec209.jpg

havent wheel aligned it yet since putting them in but at a guess should have a healthy 1.5 - 2 deg negative at current.

and thanks to Amy pic of me and markku going up hill at leadfoot to finish off.

483827_10200977678189336_1436892111_n.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mark105

so im a sporting gentleman

IMG_20130417_182841_zpsd523abfc.jpg

yeah shitty cellphone pic but thats all i can manage.

people took some awesome photos which is sweet.

e1nau5eo.xel.jpg

IMG_5692_zps9359d6bf.jpg

532809_169912569833686_744154270_n.jpg

and we may have done a little bit of this but just this one time.

906308_530589103646971_418304041_o.jpg

so time for this to go on the back burner now. still some tweaks i need to do to it suspension wise so i can keep it road legal as it currently eats sidewalls from the passenger side rear tyres. so i need to sort that out as she is due for a wof at the end of this month. but pretty much just need to keep dorting in it to keep motivation up because the next car is going to take some work but im keen to do some V8 dorting.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

latest acquisition from Japan thanks to Ewan as always. Just trying to sus out the last of my handling issues. shocks in the rear have always been a bit soft / shit so got these gab super's which are also 8 way adjustable to can tune them around for road vs track.

IMG_20130502_230215_zps2ad8f925.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Got some new plans for this now.

Looks like this as of today
IMG_20140524_145556_zpsv6ckpfib.jpg

Got both my auto sport seats in it now, pity not the same colour yet but will rectify in the future.
IMG_20140524_145720_zpsx4rpz0et.jpg

And this is why the front is up in the air.
IMG_20140524_145618_zpstmwkxxh7.jpg

Standard 240k rotor on the right and new vented rotor on the left which I'm going to fit. This is in prep for when I build new motor. New rotor needs hub locator hole machined out but once thats done it will bolt to the back of the hub fine. Disc height is pretty much perfect also. Just need to space out calliper for wider disc and she will all bolt together nicely. 

Once brakes are on then it's stage 2 time.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Turned out my factory callipers were just a bit to tight to make fit. Dad decided he wasnt going to use his willwoods any time soon and they were just to easy to fit.

So got some hardware, made some adapter plates, spun up some spacers in the lathe and now were good to go, just need to put them on the car.

Picture of todays efforts.

IMG_20140608_142818_zpswvoagcbv.jpg

Probably going to have more stopping power than horse power now.

• Like 4

Got struts out and decided a bit of paint would make them look a bit nicer so they aren't quite back in the car yet..

IMG_20140615_192239_zpsr2qefcid.jpg

I've always had issues with the after market fan I got for this thing. It's never flowed enough air and I did not want to be sitting on the starting grid again looking at my temp gauge nervously so I went to pick a part and found this of a mitsi. The shroud is much better and flows much more air also. Still need to test it but...

IMG_20140615_192318_zpsexmuligm.jpg

And I chucked my battery in the boot. Trying to shift some weight backwards to lighten the load on the front end. Also allowed me to chuck in a isolator switch which is good as I usually only drive this in the weekends I can now shut it off to stop the battery going flat.

IMG_20140615_192340_zpsw1irizmo.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got some new racing shoes

IMG_20140706_130539_zps3iripndu.jpg

IMG_20140706_132226_zpsebyhscv3.jpg

They are 8s. They have a 200/850/15 slick on them which is pretty much perfect size for them to go on the back and not rub like the feroces. I don't know what the difference is between slicks and semi slick measurements is but I'm thinking I'll stretch a 205/50/15 nitto on them and hope they will be sweet.

Does any one know if a 200 wide slick is measured the same as 205 semi slick?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good news close ratio gear bag is coming along well. Is an early type flanged output gearbox so I needed to do something about the driveshaft. I had a spare 260c one which I pinched the diff flange off as it is exactly the same on the gearbox end. Did some measuring and turns out all I need to do is pop the universal apart and take the yoke of and fit the flange so that was far easier then expected.

The big part of getting it fixed is that the selector forks are severely worn and that's why it is popping it out of gear. Dad has the technology to fix these though plus we're going to modify them and add an extra rubbing point so they will be better for the future.

One thing I'm a bit stuck with is this gearbox is all steel in its syncro setup and it's obvious the oil that previous people have been running in it in the past hasn't been the best so does any one have suggestions here?

All going to plan should have it in in a couple of weeks so I can use it up sainsbury road hill climb.

• 3 weeks later...

Oops

And the result of what happened in the video.

IMG_20140816_190435_zpstg3by2zw.jpg

So yip broke the moustache bar at the track yesterday. Thankfully it was in the last race. Turns out clutch dumps with slicks is hard work on a drive line. I think the front mounts for the sub frame are a bit sad and this allowed the rear to wind up. It broke where we welded a reinforcing bar across it ironically.

And here is a video of me and Keegan racing.

• Like 2