fuel

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

found vac gauge and sorted out distributor timing

running much better - tho i think the mechanical advance (no vacuum advance on this bad boy) wants freeing up, also new rotor as its quite slack

picked up spare engine and box

probably wasnt running due tot he timing be 90 degrees out

also it has a later a series distributor with vac advance rigged up - may have a play with that, tho im told its not any better

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

have been doing a small amount of rust repair - and a LOT of sanding over the last month

currently starting to put primer back on and going over it again to find any little bits i have missed

shouldnt be too long now before i can start putting it back together. Will need to do a bit of a shop for new seals and rubbers (already have them for all the windows and the bonnet, have made others for the boot/bonnet hinges and badges) as most of them were stuffed

drop it low and let be hear your hips schwing

• 2 months later...
this needs rack, sack and flap, asap.

How much longer before on the road again?

as soon as i can breathe again so i can wear my mask itl get painted

this week/early next week stz

probably kick into the interior, boot and door jams tomorowish as i have just cleaned out my gun in preperation

i figure 3 months isnt all that bad considering its been a little more than just sanding - i.e. it wouldnt have passed its next wof due to new rust

still need to order various rubbers for putting it back together, tho nothing real important to its functioning

just windlace for the doors, lower seals for the doors, boot seal and possibly some light backing rubbers as mine were a little crusty. Oh yea -also a bunch of bolts as i broke most in removal

also - i have all of the above sorted :wink: (actually i need some u bolts)