Lee's 73 Falcon

RT

Nice Falc's man. Need the 8 though! for sure.

um, what was i gonna say...

oh torque converters just pull off. Unbolt the 4 bolts to the flex plate and then just pull it out from the autobox. It will be full of trans fluid so it might spill some. It has a series of intermeshing gears that you can feel. But it just pulls out super easy.

reverse procedure is the same, you don't need to fill it up with trans fluid because the pump will fill it when you start teh engine. You just need to make sure you push it all the way on and rotate it so you can feel the gears mesh in.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah you can get the standard converter rebuilt to a max of 2200rpm which is good for street use, for around $300 Otherwise you will have to buy a converter at a set stall for about $500 Don't go too high for street. 2200rpm-2500rpm is good. standard is about 1800rpm.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I do like these ones, dont think i would colour code them though, if i did they would be black

oldpics193.jpg

I saw that wagon in street machine a while ago brendon, emailed him a few times about it, says that every bolt was replaced during the rebuild, so sounds pretty serious. Has a 5 litre HO engine doesnt it?

I have underside shots of that ute and you can eat your tea off it. The name Cameron Manewell at aussiexports springs to mind with that ute. That wagon isnt a ho motor. Its a 5litre injected out of a mid 90s fairmont. The wagon is from ashburton way. Its pretty cool. Hes grafted the 90s fairmont centre console and shifter into it. The wag is a ex hearse. I had a 2-way taildoor setup here off a xb fairmont wagon I have that would have looked good on your wag. Your xa is looking great mate.

Cheers,

Brendon

• 1 month later...

now son, we were talkin bout new wheels at nats 08, whats happening there?

buy these and widen the fuck out of them plz, powdercoat gloss black, maybe with mini moons?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Wheels-tyres/Nonalloy-wheels/auction-144926570.htm

fucking buy these!!! polish the shit out of them, would be mean as.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Wheels-tyres/Alloy-wheels/auction-145822436.htm

It doesnt appear that they make tridents new, plus i would more than likely get kicked in the cunt for having them.

Mite attack those steels i have this week, like 10 inch wide at the back? Touch and go if they would fit though.