johnnyfive

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is that rear screen pretty flat?

get a bus windscreen or something and cut it down

Yeah its got a wee bit of curve on it, had pondered it though. Dunno the ins and outs of that

is the rear window from the blue car not the same? or are you wanting to put the blue car back on the road?

It does look to measure about the same, don't want to pull apart a complete and rare car unless it really comes to it. Not sure if I can guarantee its the right window without pulling it out and ruining the rubber/smashing it. Sounds like the blue thing is even more rare than the GSR, unsure if that makes it any better though. 

Perspex stuff

Umm, I don't know if that is legit though..? I can't find rules that say its allowed in my situation.

Will figure something out hopefully. 

I kno where one of these is that's all complete glass and everything. Motors had some head work but I don't think it been ticked over in a while.

Body was pulled apart for rust work and respray that never got done.

Would be a heck of a lot of work and the owner said its to far gone so might split as a parts car

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Mate, the majority of it stayed pretty well attached the whole trip. There is a fair bit of material missing though. Pretty sure not getting away till basically dark was a blessing in disguise. 

Cheers for having me round, will definitely let you know if I'm back over on any more idiotic trips.

Yeah, Its pretty far gone. Cheers for the heads up on it. Only took half a year or so to get it off him. 

Looks to have been sitting there since 2000, just a shame it hadn't been taken or parted out before it got this bad. Will update with some pics etc shortly.