Flanges 1978 Trumpy

mikuni

http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8740

Cool car man. I felt sorry for the trumpy after seeing your sig so many times and it not having a project discussion. Being such a note worthy car I thought I'd better start one.

Soooo... once the jag project is finishing up and you make some more progress on the badass frontes what did you have in mind for this or will you just keep it standard?

There used to be a nicely lowered maroon one with a dirty great sounding straight 6 in it that burned round up these ways. Made me want one despite hating the shape when I was growing up. Wagons are even awesomeer too.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sexychevette

i cant find projct thread lol but i assume u got a 2500tc or sum shit. Guy down the road frm me has an ever changing fleet of about 5 of these. Always has had since my entire life. Also has an entire garage( from back wall to roof to the door :P ) full of parts :lol: is commited to the triumph cause i think. Its funt when he opens it cos shit falls out its so full haha

Also sum dude up on the way to dargavill has like the front and back lawns of his house completly covered in triumphs. Must have over 20.

They just like u are with frontes

Mean boes.

This stallion is just my runabout. Pretty expensive to use cos its in a pretty bad state of tune. And i know nothing about SU's so im scared l'll make it worse giving it a tune :P. Drinks the gass and has about the same power os the fronte :wink:.

Longterm Plans:

• I REALLY want to fit powersteering. Its pretty damn heavy ftl
    Tune it
    Lower it on some oldschool jap alloys (4x114.3 PCD FTMFW!! :D)
    Valvegrind / top end rebuild (maby a 2.5PI motor & injection)
    Get heater working
    Repaint engine bay
    Maby new universals as there is plenty of driveline snap
    PI tacho dash
    Black vynal on the c pillars

Thats all i have planned. But i have way to many projects and not enough money at the moment. This is just to get from A to B.

Cars to do up:

• Finish the Jag(been neglected way too long)
    Finish fronte in my project thread
    Do up trumpy
    Finish other frontes
    Maby the DX
    Then finish other jag. Will probably be in my late 20's or somthing by here so will be able to do it properly :lol:

• 5 months later...

nice - I had a virtually the same car, same year/colour/history - bought it with 77000 miles. Only difference was it was auto....

And I put some Reliant Scimitar steelie rims on it - 6 inches of tuff right there

You learn to say that it is calf shit brown after a while when discussing the colour.....

Dragged out a pic for you

Trumpet.JPG