Joe's Jag

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mean car boe, am sorely tempted to get one of these at the start of next year, especially cos if the engine shits out, the bay is plently long enough to incorporate an barra xr6t engine.

Bet it sounds aws, should go pretty good to with like 285 horse.

I've wanted one of them for about 20 years.

Those in the know reckon the XK6 is the better engine, but how could you resist a 12 banger? Reckon I'd be tempted by a lexus v8 driveline tho.

LPG would keep the running costs down, or you could go the other way and do what top gear did!

Hey boes. The jaguar Aj6 motor form the xj40(1987-1993) was a way better engine. DOHC with 4 valves per cyl. could easily make 300bhp from 3.2 or 3.6 Ls and still return 30 MPG = tuff. You can also get about 275bhp out of a tripple carb 3.6 Xk 6 motor, like in the e-types. However, V12 is mean. Its got 12 pistons! Thats very cool IMO. The H.E engines pump out 300bhp and 440Nm of torque. Not too flash for 5.3l. Theres not many v12 cars out there. And the v12 sounds REALLY cool with a good exhaust. Really howls. Been reading about many people doing manual conversions and say that it really opens up the car. The auto is pretty restricting. Raced dads at taupo in only seccond gear :rolleyes:

Nice boe... and you'll be able to stick a fronte in the boot as a spare!

the boot is HUGE. you could fit about 5 fronte motors in the boot. Seriously :lol:

This was the car that inspired me to get my licence. Saw the jag club in town and was like WTF is that car? Jumped on trademe and found that they wernt expensive at all. After alot of looking dad bought one. I learnt to drive in it. Soon as i drove it it was like "I GOT to have one of these" so i bought that rolling shell and the rest is history. Although i have been distracted by other cars in the meantime. Ive suddenly got all my enthusiam back to finish it :D

Chur. Ands its a little worse on fule/oil costs as the fronte :shock: With the added joy of not noticing hills :lol:

Knowing the XJS though i hope you have a fair bit of this:

Smokekit2.jpg

stashed away! :lol::lol::lol:

Ive already used a bit of that :lol: . Some mean smoke with the electric windows. And half of my tail light loom doesnt work no more. I'll have to order some :lol:

The car that put me onto the jag v12s was an red '78ish xj12 with a vinyl roof. And lowered to buggery - was a race car. 450bhp. Sounded SO good but still looked like you needed a cheesecutter and tweede coat :lol:

Absolutely!

I always wanted an XJS cos they look awesome, but I couldn't handle the thought of another three speed automatic. Combine that with the grandpa luxury interior, the "Huh? Efficiency?" V12 and the speedboat handling they're supposed to have, and it just didn't add up. ;)

There was a white one with an aftermarket exhaust I used to see on my route to work, but I never heard him boot it.

See that you bring your Jag to the next track day, sir, without the standard Fuel's-Eterna-GSR-style whisper quiet exhaust!

It'll be more of a challenge than controlling the Fronte I'm sure!

Bring a hat, too, to pass around and collect petrol money donations... :D

The car that put me onto the jag v12s was an red '78ish xj12 with a vinyl roof. And lowered to buggery - was a race car. 450bhp. Sounded SO good but still looked like you needed a cheesecutter and tweede coat :lol:

i think the type of hat has already been established