Joe's Jag

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The dizzy cap i took off looked almost like new. So did the rotor. So i'm assuming there is a crack in it or something. Will check this weekend for play in shaft. The one in dads xj is a 23year old dizzy cap. The one in mine was from the mid 90's so yea. Must be arcing in the dizzy or something.

So yea, this weekend = road tune ftw. Gonna be men

The dizzy cap i took off looked almost like new. So did the rotor. So i'm assuming there is a crack in it or something. Will check this weekend for play in shaft. The one in dads xj is a 23year old dizzy cap. The one in mine was from the mid 90's so yea. Must be arcing in the dizzy or something.

So yea, this weekend = road tune ftw. Gonna be men

bring it over the hill to tune it lol

• 8 months later...

Haha. It took me 3 days to get it out. So cunty. (and heavy)

Also, am running an HE. So i get the extra 25hp :P and the 2734561716627282km/L extra fuel economy. Although i so want to build up a pre HE and turbo it with lowish boost. Would be a fun/expensive project

O and you haven't already check ot the re opus upgrade...

Makes a huge difference as they all well and truly stuffed now and can put timing out 10 degrees at any time

My LEM3 does the ignition too. Got rid of all the factory stuff. Mainly as this is a pre HE with an HE motor so i would have to change heaps of stuff over. If only it was mechanical injection :lol:. Should use 2 2.5PI units. Hmmm.... Anyway, I have set the Link to reach 37 degrees advance at 6500 which is what jag does. But i really need to go through all the maps and put in proper values not just use generic curves.

• 1 year later...

he doesn't come around here too much anymore.

we're going to be doing a day of bourbon and jag work soonish. he's got the arse end out rebuilding everything as it was all toast.

pretty sweet mobile. running like a bag of shit with no tune and shit it was way quicker than his dad's stock as a rock xjs. will be epic with a lower ratio diff (it runs somethign into the 2.x:1 diff at the moment I think? perhaps a little lower.... anywho, it's high as fuck and does about459kph in 1st at idle) and a tune. and it sounds so coan

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...