Muzzies 1956 Ford Zephyr Mk2

Muzzie

Well, I wish it was mine. It's actually my old mans.

Has alot of history surrounding it (being one of the 1st in the world for example), has been in multiple magazines and books & won best car at several car shows, has every factory option ever available back then, and is 100% original - paint included (in fact it's starting to crazy crack on the roof and bonnet, and bar a couple of things like stereo and Klaxon horn that previous owner installed). And it's also painted in an experimental colour which is only used on it - Ford decided against using it. Oh, it's got it's original matching pedal car :)

Also came with the shed of parts pictured - including the shed. Theres a replacement for everything on the car. Body panels and all. All mechanical etc etc blah blah blah

Zephyr3blank.jpg

Zephyr7blank.jpg

DSCF2612.jpg

DSCF2613.jpg

• Like 1

Edit - sorry bout pic size, photobucket meant to resize (like above) but hasn't, so make do lol.

Unlike my red one, the original radio wasn't fitted in this Z, but has been included in the mulitude of parts that came with the car.

It was however, fitted with this, a nasty Audio Strada tape/tuner headunit with a 10 stack Legacy brand changer in the boot.

DSCF2610.jpg

All well and good - nice and cheap and it worked, sort of. Just a minor niggle - it was supplying 12v to the right rear channel. Odd. Out comes radio.........

DSCF2645.jpg

Conclusion - radio stuffed.

Cue new radio :) Panasonic CQC-1333W. Mp3 and aux in as well.

DSCF2646.jpg

DSCF2648.jpg

Audio Strada removed from dash mount

DSCF2647.jpg

Some creative work in the shed and some brackets to make unit secure and harder to steal, and hey presto.

DSCF2649.jpg

Check front speaker operation - mint

DSCF2611.jpg

Pull back speakers apart and mount Pioneer 4s into original factory boxes, and sweet, systems all go :) See our guard dog armstrong there too - he's been there since the car rolled off the line in 55 (more of it's history)

DSCF2657.jpg

DSCF2644.jpg

Sounds pretty tinny as you can imagine, but fine for the limited amount of use the car will get.

Possibly looking at doing a small sub that'll hide in behind the spare wheel in the boot, in a fibreglass enclosure, not sure yet :). But that's all for now.

Also have just this weekend had a flash car alarm put in, locks disconnected etc (like mine) to keep unsavoury characters out.

• Like 1