Romans COD piece

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's a well quantified thing, with a lot of the more common injectors people can tell you what CC rating you end up at.

Mighty Car Mods ran some tests on CC rating, cant remember exact numbers but definitely a big difference with caps off.

I found some particulate in my fuel rail, so it's possible that since I'm running 60psi it's enough to push some of the junk through the filter?

So the pintle caps would have been getting sand blasted by 60psi of fuel + grit haha.

I've got some new caps on, everything reassembled and wideband is turning up today. 

So will give it a hoon, if it's running rich or lean from here I'll pull all injectors back out and flow test them / replace any which look bad.

60 psi isn't a high fuel pressure Roman, so that won't have made any difference. I would say you just have shit in your tank, pull it and clean it properly if reliability is on your priority list, I have seen shit in a fuel tank cause all sorts of problems.

• Like 1

Yeah I think I'll keep eyes peeled for a 2nd tank, and then get it dipped / repainted / etc then swap them over.

Then I'll get your other tank off you and do the same

Thought about PWM on fuel pump for low rpm and idle?

I know some powerful factory cars do it to extend pump life and stress on the system

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hahaha awesome.

Down at Taupo at the moment. I ran a 1:52.6 today which is a fair bit quicker than previous best of 1.53.8.

Only had 4 laps too, other 4 sessions are tomorrow and GPS is showing a few corners where there's a big stack of time to cut.

Also found that incorrect knock sensor setting was pulling 5 deg timing out of the entire powerband haha... So should feel a bit more lively tomorrow!

Cant wait!

R888s are awesome I was able to take turn 4 without any braking.

• Like 6