sheepers RA23

mark105

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't remember the figure they gave me unfortunately. the bolts are M8 and when it came to undoing them with an average 3/8 drive ratchet they were very difficult to crack.

i did them up with a half inch torque wrench that is pretty long so i wouldn't have felt how tight i was actually doing them if you know what i mean. 

Holy fucken fuck man. That is super gay. I am sorry for your feels.

Fuck those caps must have been intensely tight. I would guess setting to be around 20nm? Sucks you got given the wrong info.

Hopefully this is seen as a lesson to everyone reading this thread. Always double check your work. For instance once cam caps are torqued down, should always check to make sure you're cams rotate in the head. Which they would not have at a guess here.

Guts. Mega mega guts.

• Like 2

it hurts to even type it but yes, thats a new short block assembly. 

hindsight is 20 20 as they say but i really should have checked the figures i was given before i torqued the cams.

i didn't, everything got fucked.

no idea how shit got past the filter but id say that once a tiny bit of grinding paste got into the mains they began generating their own grinding fragments and really went to town. 

anywho, its done now.today i made a new water feed pipe for the heater tap and tidied up some hoses and whatnot. 

• Like 2