Seedy Al's 1971 Volkswagen Beetle

Seedy Al

So,

seeing as it appears I have a mental issue, and love rough old school rides, I have just bought and picked up a lovely example of a vw beetle.

(Maybe not so lovely, but thats what makes a good hood ride)

So, its a 1971, so has disc brake front end, which had happerly locked it self up on the right hand side, SO the firstthing was to get that free, hammer did the trick, so I was happy.

Next was getting it running, put battery in, wound it over, and over, and over, and did thjat for a while. Then one of the chaps remebered he had some engine start, a few sprays of that and a bit more winding, and eventually it fired up, and that was all good.

So got it on trailer and back to work. So im happy.

Need to check out the motor, guy thought it wasnt running propperly, as I have never really driven a VW beetle before, i dont know if its running good or not. It does feel like though that the brakes are a little draggin, but that should be an easy fix.

So the plan:

1 - remove drivers side running board and guards to fix the rusted to crap heater channel that someone had the mean go at bogging before.

2 - fix brakes and tune up motor

3 - get the whore a warrent and reg

4 - strip all the paint off the wheels with a metal wire wheel, let them rust up, get new tires for the front as they are bald, (maybe before warrent :D ) and fit some white wall insterts.

5 - drop thje back to notches, which is fairly common and gives it mean camber on the rear, and buy some front beam adjustersm weld them in, and lower the front,

Then, shes pretty much all done, put some seedy als chop shop and old school stickers on it and start repping it out. (will probabaly end up selling after its finished, as its a later model, and I prefer the early model ones)

Fucvken pics

Full frontal dubness

vw01.jpg

Rear end

vw03.jpg

and just to be sure its a dub

vw02.jpg

Mean, should get warrent on the corolla too tomorrow, so I can put all my time in to this as i save money for whels etc for corolla

Discuss: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/21032-seedy-hoodride/?hl=seedy

Chur

Seedy Al

• 2 months later...

took it for a wof after gettignt he inner drivers sill all fixed up, and removing and re fitting the exhaust twice.

And it failed on, the following things

1, window washers (these are powered off the spare tyre to give the water tank pressure, so jus6t need to preusrise tank

Easy)

2, Clean up a few old repairs on both sides, so basicly, grind back old repairs, reweld anything, seam seal, and under seal

3, passernger side lower ball joint

easy peasy japanesy

and 4, fix binding brakes

Pretty funny really, when I first bought the car, and went to pick it up, it wouldnt move because the front brakes were seized on, so i got mega with a hammer and got them loose. Since then havnt even looked at them, so I assume that all i will ahve to do is clean everything up and get it all nice, and should work mint

So should have a wof mid next week./ so happy

Bit of a shame I wont get to do the thjings i really want like lower it out to hell and fit white walls and that, but sadly need to sell it to pay off a few things

Oh well, want an earler model anyway for later one, so its no thing of my wing

Love you sparkle

Allan

Seedy Al's Chop Shop

So, to prove I do still own this, and work on it, here are some pics with an update

Right, firstly, sorting out the siezed caliper.

When i first got the car, the front right calpier had sized onto the disc, so had to hammer the crap out of it to get the car rolling, basically , this is very common with vw's

No Wheels for the front

P1010334.jpg

So pulled caliper off

P1010318.jpg

And then pulled it part to soak it in Crc.

Win

P1010342.jpg

Pies is like Hey Boe

P1010321.jpg

NO OFFICCER, I havnt been doing patches!!!!

(Small repair on the winner inner passenger guard)

P1010335.jpg

Balls to the wall action

(new replacment ball joint all back in, after much work to get the suspention pin bolt out off the torsion bar. Makes sense if you have ever worked on a vw, or know how they operate)

P1010336.jpg

T Birds fantastic polishing Skills! Cheers Babe

P1010337.jpg

And HEY BOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vw for the winner, with vw hand gestures

P1010327.jpg

Mean car, should have it all back together in a day or two, inbetween working on Pies Machine

Allan

• 3 weeks later...

Bitch got a wof, so happy.

SO next step is to lower it, going to look into getting some beam adjusters, and changing the splines on the rear, and then wicked, bobs for uncle.

Unless someone buys it off me before hand anyway

No pic, because it still looks the same

Allan

• 4 months later...