Mikuni's 1980 Vauxhall Chevette Wagon

davidian

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks mint as, the rims suit it hard! got a nice dish on em.

that photo with no springs? 8)

Yeh the colour kinda suits the blue ay but I might havta sell them with the gem.. see what happens

No springs, its just sitting on the guards at the back but once I roll them it should be sweet I think. Cars look stupid if they aren't lowered enough.

• 4 months later...

I dig the wheels aye. Mind you they are basically my fav wheels at the mo so id dig them on anything.

Cant picture it on mini or supalights. If you did they would have to be dished as.

I like the idea of a full bumper rather than those half cuts. Gotta stay chrome.

Painting the insides of the lights looks better. Just use matt black. I did mine on my old chevette.

oil cooler in the smile under the bumper would look mean. an intercooler would look meaner. :D

Cant picture it on mini or supalights. If you did they would have to be dished as.

Cheers for all the feedback methz.. shall ponder over your wise comments

Re: the wheels, you should have faith in me!

supalite1.jpgsupalite2.jpg

These are on TM and I really want them, but I've never heard of -7 offset wheels going on a +35 or so car before! I'm not sure if I can get them to fit.

awesome set up on suspension,shame you hardly see it

Yeah I know. I'll just force people to look at it. Carry a jack around with me at all times. Picking up chicks = "hey babe, wanna see some shiny control arms?"

etc

looking good man.. suprised you did your shocks b4 your springs... go get some custom springs made from snells. thats what i did in my gemini and it was about right. i was a bit vague wen i ordered them (forgot to measure compressed height) and they were only 10mm too low so i just laser cut some 10mm plates and chucked them in.

and while you got it all apart you might aswell mod the crossmember so the bumpstops are tiny so you can still have travel wen its low.

I've never heard of -7 offset wheels going on a +35 or so car before! I'm not sure if I can get them to fit.

thats only 42mm difference. 4.2cm out from stock, surely no problem right?

Good way of looking at it. I had already thought about it this way. It just means I will have to have it WAY higher so it will just sit on the guards nicely on the little 13's.

Which.. is one of the reasons I haven't had springs made yet (plus I'm a fan of cutting springs :oops: ).

Bump stops are already modified enough to give me more travel. I'm not modifying the cups that they sit on, I think thats dodgy (and cutting springs and bumps isn't :D ). Thats also the reason I have the suzuki shocks - because the standos bump out before they get past bump stop height, if that makes any sense.

I already know someone who's thinking about getting those wheels. The extra dish on the supalites is supa sex tho so I'd almost rather them anyway.