Janene's 1970s Mitsubishi GTO's

jNINE

Here are a few pics of my GTO's in Qld Australia - a 71 model in 'almost' pristine restored condition (there is always something that needs finishing or improving),

sideWhiteGTO.jpg

RearWhiteGTO.jpg

Interior2whiteGTO.jpg

Interior1whiteGTO.jpg

FrontWhiteGTO.jpg

engine1whiteGTO.jpg

a '72 that is destined to be the parts car,

Leyburn-GTO.jpg

a 71 model that needs restoring

GTORestoration.jpg

GTORestoration2.jpg

and a 74 model (which I don't have pics of) which is just having a 'tidy up' and will be used for club motorsport events.

Oh.. and the old rally car (aka. the fun machine)

Galant-WillowbankMotorkhana.jpg

I'll probably sell the rolling shell/project soon to make space!

I've since changed the tallight lenses around the right way so that the red is to the outside.... actually the white GTO should have all red taillights - but they have been changed at some stage, probably due to the local authorities....

I've also got some lowering blocks and lowered lovells springs to fit.. and am on the hunt for some wheels.... 15" sigma turbo maybe - or might go for minilites. Could put the jellybean mags on that are on the red car... but not sure if I like them really...?

I'll take some more - I only took those few quickly for insurance company

I can't take the credit for the resto (although I wish I could)... but I'm gong to replace all of the bits that aren't quite right to make it even better. (chrome trim, grille etc)

• 1 month later...

Spent the weekend stripping out the interior (great fun in 36 degree heat!)
and installing new carpet & underlay and painting the dash and console black... much better

Next thing to do is finishing polishing the Montego's I have for it and fit the lowering blocks & lowered springs :wink:

GTODashDec05.jpg

also re-woodgrained and covered the hole that is way to small to fit any form of radio/stereo. Having a CD player mounted under the glovebox this friday. Also woodgrained the handbrake cover

GTOConsoleDec05a.jpg