lofreq's '87 mark II boso/garuchan/shakotan/etc etc project

lofreq

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

been trying to fix all kinds of little things to get the pink sticker off. taking ages. lost a bit of interest and have been focused on other things. progress is slow and also limited by money as its been a heavy start to the year with holidays xmas new yrs and a whole heap of bdays so moneys all gone to those

anyway so yeah whatever. took her to vtnz and failed on a bunch of things, suspension they didnt like, and rust in the flanks and bottom of A pillar. gotta deal to that. this just means i will probably be doing full panel and paint. got a few more plans up my sleeve also as i get back into this.

meanwhile need a car to get around so bought another 71

070215%20-%20gx71%20crew%2001.jpg

070215%20-%20gx71%20crew%2002.jpg

body is in immaculate condition - almost no rust at all. boot and flanks clean as. bonnet, corners of boot, all sweet. all electrics work down to illuminated ash tray on open, glovebox light and boot light etc. stoked. full wof and reg.

so plan is, swap stock suspension from this into the boso, thus enabling me to have factory suspension in the other car helping with the pink sticker plus making this one look badass. got some other plans for it and will update soon. its just 1GEU 2.0 auto cruiser but its smooth as. all good.

flatmate found this thing for $650 wof and reg and W57 manual holy shit

070215%20-%20gx71%20crew%2003.jpg

070215%20-%20gx71%20crew%2004.jpg

we now have 4 cressida/markIIs at the house permanently!!!

070215%20-%20gx71%20crew%2005.jpg

070215%20-%20gx71%20crew%2006.jpg

so yeah back into it slowly - this sat is suspension swap day (planned anyway) so i hope to start updating u's again soon.

• 1 month later...

got some 15x8 minilite style rims for the daily. sacked it out using rear springs from LOFA and front springs found lying in the bush out back, unknown what they are, they are captive sometimes

i think she looks quite squat now, i even like the brown/black combo

glxi1am2.jpg

glxi2to2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

been working on my front struts with some mates help wed and thurs (thanks alex tup n mike), got new coilovers, kyb uprated front ae92 or mr2 shocks not sure, for the front, we chopped the housings 55mm from stock, short as now. just gotta get my keeper springs off mr dori here :) and they done

got my koni adj's sorted for the rear as well so suspension should be done by weekend. car will be rolling, i'll service the motor and then start finishing the rust work, hope to get it ready to paint soon.

050517strutmods01xb5.jpg

050517strutmods02us4.jpg

050517strutmods03ti0.jpg

050517strutmods04nq3.jpg

• 4 months later...

hello all remember me

i didnt die ive just been doing all sorts of shit

i went to japan and went to the yokohama daikoku carpark with the motorways in the sky and yeah

check it out:

http://defy.net.nz/lofreq/pics/Friends% ... index.html

yeah i actually stood there. i felt like i was inside a photograph on my computer the whole time - unreal

i got to see crazy flashing light cars and vanning style vans with fold out dj decks and also some oldschool 70s skylines - no mega boso machines but it was just a random saturday nite in yokohama

far out japan is awesome and im goin back

ask me anything about any photo

meanwhile im internationally famous!!

friend found these:

http://grandjdm.com/2007/09/19/this-jus ... m-the-80s/

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/other-c ... ct-nz.html

i just asked my mate to track the hits to my car on the site.. ive had between 500-900mb of traffic just this month from people in aussie, UK, netherlands...!! and 1.8gig of traffic JUST this month from USA

far out i should have ads on my page id have made money!

anyway cars booked in on oct 16th for rust, bodywork and satin black. so im not done yet...

oct 16th is still on the cards the guy confirmed today

plan is to shoot all black but i think i'll pay the extra and get the advan on there, its been long enough right

probably gonna go a deeper blood red than in these pics, what do u reckon? want it to look non-garish and almost classy if thats even possible

061119%20-%20pipes%20on%2005%20black%20copy.jpg

061119%20-%20pipes%20on%2006%20black%20copy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

dropped her off to the shop this morning, went over the work to be done - shes in professional hands now.

sounds like they will start on it quite quickly, possible body work completed by sunday! and then it will be shot black and then i'll take a look. pics when i drop in there to check her out on friday see how its goin ;)

for u cunts who think this cunt (me) was never gona finish this project

nokia001nx2.jpg

nokia004fv6.jpg

nokia008ob6.jpg

nokia012gl1.jpg

nokia014sy9.jpg

nokia016jv7.jpg

big ups to Grant @ GTRefinishers for the high speed quality work!

wish i could go back today to get snaps of it being shot black

pick up on sunday/monday............. stay tuned.......

back from my little holiday up north (been stayin in a caravan in mangawhai heads) - picked her up on the way home. very dirty as covered in bodyshop sanding dust and crap, and it was murky and overcast so photos are crap. and also were off my cellphone as i was in a hurry

but to answer questions, its not matte black or gloss, but in between, its a hard non-pourous primer which has a satin black finish, which i think is f23kin perfect for this thing - i love it

nokia012fp0.jpg

nokia013wt6.jpg

nokia014ne7.jpg

nokia016em3.jpg

nokia017ed2.jpg

next steps are to get it WOF'd and legal, so headlights need swapping out and possibly extra muffler for exhaust, that should be it

then, refit twin headlights + make some new chrome surrounds

paint inside door jambs black

upholstery clean the interior

new rear springs

refit steels and spacers

will be seeing Demon about vinyling the advan red scheme.... wahoo we are getting somewhere now!

quick update, new rear suspension is in, much less scraping, much more ride comfort instead of bottoming out on bumps

refit wheels and front spacers - couldnt put full width front spacers on cus spigot on spacers is larger than the hub hole on my steels - dammit

worked in the rain today so i blame poor pic quality on the poor weather and lighting, but also ive lost my digicam so these have all been off my nokia so far

anyway heres what it looks like now so far

nokia000eq3.jpg

nokia003rs9.jpg

nokia006iy8.jpg

nokia009ax1.jpg

nokia011mm2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

car's booked in for cert wednesday 14th, all going well vehicle then goes for WOF and REG, then vinyl

prob suss out front panels and headlight surrounds this weekend, and clean out the interior for inspection

anyone know what needs to be prepped for CERT inspection?

EDIT: also now called Steve at Demon graphics, getting the vinyl priced up

will also discuss misc windscreen banner graphics, rear window, and bonnet/misc details as well if we go ahead ;) been working on a few scripts etc so yeah updates soon

vehicle has been inspected by Neil Fraser, what a good guy!!!!! needs 5 things done: heat shield to guard power steer lines from exhaust, front axle 360degree shield, change rear wheel nuts to standard, put the glove box back in(!!) and show him some correspondence that the wheels were manufactured by Elite in chch and not some monkey down the street

saweet!

• 1 month later...

so anyway been working hard at this thing

driveshaft loop done, all cert requirements done, rah rah so 1 year and 1 week after pink sticker, this thing is wof'd, reg'd and certed on the road again ;) yesssssss

071220%20-%20on%20the%20road%20again%2001.JPG

071220%20-%20on%20the%20road%20again%2002.JPG

071220%20-%20on%20the%20road%20again%2003.JPG

071220%20-%20on%20the%20road%20again%2004.JPG

071220%20-%20on%20the%20road%20again%2005.JPG

071220%20-%20on%20the%20road%20again%2008.JPG

071220%20-%20on%20the%20road%20again%2009.JPG

071220%20-%20on%20the%20road%20again%2011.JPG

single turbo conversion done, boost controller in, about 18-20psi madness flies off the road... sounds cool

ok so ONLY things left now are some RCA things or whatever to offset the lower strut mounts to kick the front tyres out and give some camber - like this:

Dscf00311.jpgfnegakyan1.jpg

and the vinyl of course, that should wrap this project up nicely.

sorry its taken so long. what can i say. merry xmas! xox

• 3 weeks later...

so when i heard mark ae25was organizing an old school meet, i had a few days left to make an effort to get her sorted

so, swapped cracked radiator for a '96 supra twin core one, twin fans from a nissan wagon thing, vinyl by Demon Graphics, front lip, rebadged proudly mark II, plus maybe a few more impromptu sticker action, like it or not, whatever its too late

so basically heres the result

nokia000xm8.jpg

nokia001qh1.jpg

nokia002mz3.jpg

nokia004vh7.jpg

nokia005uq1.jpg

nokia007bd3.jpg

project is basically done, its wof'd reg'd and certed, only few small mecchanical things need doing butafter whenever itwas that i started this project, here we are.

things id like to do:

- front RCA camber adjustment

- appropriate rear spoiler

- new headgasket

- apexi s-afc

- 22psi

- 1/4 mile run

- drift day

see what happens eh! cheers to all who made the meet - those ms-65 things were mint, that lada wagon is awesome, and everything else - was nice as to be in a carpark without 180sx's, silvias, wrxs and evos - shot everyone

pics from the meet to come. thanks for watching.

i took the proper camera (its still my old as fuck 3.3MP fuji) to take some pics, quality should be better than the nokia anyway, so heres the basically completed project :)

conceptual:

061119%20-%20pipes%20on%2006%20black%20copy.jpg

actual:

080113%20-%20graphics%20done%2002.JPG

conceptual:

061119%20-%20pipes%20on%2005%20black%20copy.jpg

actual:

080113%20-%20graphics%20done%2004.JPG

and the rest - !!! + girlie friend sara in the pics :)

080113%20-%20graphics%20done%2007.JPG

080113%20-%20graphics%20done%2011.JPG

080113%20-%20graphics%20done%2015.JPG

080113%20-%20graphics%20done%2016.JPG

080113%20-%20graphics%20done%2019.JPG

sweeet!

• 1 month later...

ok so. took her down to the mount for new yrs as i mentioned and it was overheating heaps due to crack in radiator top tank

anyway after a number of times overheating and cooling, headgasket blew. running on 5 at idle and low rpm, i guess water blowing out spark or ssomething.

also exhaust leak around turbo emitting fumes and silly chuffing sound on idle.

swapped in new supra twin core rad, now in shop getting new headgasket cambelt and waterpump. hoping to get it done by easter.

also on the cards - need someone to mill me some RCA's, maybe steel sleeved, to kick the fronts out - anyone had this done from a machine show somewhere before?

HEAD IS CRACKED from back of valve guide something somewhere down to exhaust port. unfixable - need new head

preferably a NA 1G-GE head as it has higher lift and duration..... ANYONE GOT A 1G-G HEAD I WILL THROW MONEY AT YOU!@#$

please let me know. 027 5563737. god damn cars.