Lee's 73 Falcon Wagon

Leebo3

HA. I did nothing on that list ^ mainly cos you cats made me bring this to palmy. But my exhaust fully bit the dust a few months ago, so better fix it now, while missing out on wagon season.

This is from hitting the road and shiz

DSC05756.jpg

Got some new hurricane headers, not that much better really, the passenger side is real poo, but it should not be toooo hard to get them made into a tri y stz

DSC05742.jpg

DSC05743.jpg

DSC05747.jpg

DSC05749.jpg

DSC05750.jpg

But yeah, will give a spruce up, tail gate is getting repainted cos of some yuck rust and dentage. Tis the hardest working part on a wagon I feel. Aim to have her back on the road by Hawkes Boes, and thats only 3 weeks away :!:

• 5 weeks later...

So yeah, I got it woofed and fixed by Hawkes Boes, Just had to get stuck in and do it. Tailgate painted and back on, except winder doesnt seem to be a good as it used to, so should look at that. But the new exhaust is just as low as the old one, so will def have to fix it, cos I dont want to be going down that road each few years/then I can remove it from being 4WD spec.

Cheer to fuel and excorta for rolling it last weekend also, problem with having 2 cars on the road.

DSC05940.jpg

DSC05942.jpg

DSC05945.jpg

DSC05948.jpg

Yeah bish

DSC05953.jpg

DSC05950.jpg

Put this CB in, but doesnt seem to work properly, just get crackle every channel except 13 which is dead. Maybe cos its so old.

DSC05956.jpg

• 10 months later...

Flip a brick

So earlier this year I got some steels for the rear off rekemeke and put some cute lil hubcaps on that Gaz gave me. Just recently I got 2 more for the front, so I stretched some 205 60s on them and chucked that shit on

DSC09228.jpg

Half tried a trim ring

DSC09224.jpg

DSC09243.jpg

Got rid of my extractors for cast iron manifolds, so no more scrapy and I can drop it like its hot now.

DSC09231.jpg

DSC09253.jpg

DSC09218.jpg

Will get it running again in the next few weeks, had bit of an electrical issue near the end of its last running life, so will try iron that out then WOOF for wagon season B-Arch.

NufF Said.

Lee

• 2 weeks later...

So like. I swapped carbs round between this and the spinner the other day, pop my new manifolds on and start it for the first time since May.

Was half pie idling away, float level needs to be adjusted cos there was fuel coming out the top of the carb, then the wagon decides to jump into reverse and try to drive out the back of the shed!

Damage isnt too bad, need new drivers door cos that hooked the wall, and maybe a tailgate, that mashed my drop saw into the bench. I jumped in and killed the engine but was already to late.

Could have been way worse/lucky no one was behind it.

DSC09270.jpg

DSC09271.jpg

Should have got some pics after we un wedged it out. Bit of a poo but yeah shit happens.

• 1 month later...

So I found a new door for the girl, but the panel beater reckons its a bit to pooie to use, so for now I bogged it up and matty bee'd it.

And added a custom graphic.

Door has had plenty of yoghurt in the past

DSC09642.jpg

DSC09307.jpg

DSC09305.jpg

Failed a warrent for being under 100mm so banged the globes on

DSC09303.jpg

DSC09302.jpg

DSC09301-Copy.jpg

DSC09298.jpg

Got a wedding to do in a few weeks so I will paint the door orange and remove our little friend from the tailgate, then its the Tui car show, and with everyones help over the Hawkes Boes weekend we should be able to stack the back of this puppy way high for the event :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11483

• 8 months later...

Yeah hi, so I got all my dinga linga ding dong stuff fixed thanks to insurance, Swann stz, would recommend. Adjusted my springs with the hitachi, made it look alot neater. We had a really fun and neat summer together. I got slightly carried away for Wag Nats, taking my wardrobe as part of my wagcessories. That was after my starter motor shat out at BP just as we were ready to depart with vigour and wag.

dsc01777o.jpg

Tent shit aint mine too

dsc01823n.jpg

Got everyone to say hi on my t-gate, rolled round like that for a while

DSC01987.jpg

So we carried on playing together and having fun, burning bishes and fuel. Then, I got in trouble with the law and wagon council by getting a speeding ticket blah! At least the mr policeman didnt check my WOF to see it was 3 months out ha.

Then later that afternoon, I went to start my pretty, then it went bang, like BANG. Was rather extremly loud, then smoke started coming out from under the bonnet and inside, so then I said oh flip, dropped my tailgate grabbed me extinguisher. Then look in the engine bay to see both rocker covers blown off and thankfully no flames, just wires smouldering away.

dsc03280jp.jpg

Turns out, petrol had been leaking into the sump via the fuel pump and simply go to start and pop. Have not really looked into it, good chance engine componontry will be tweaked which will be dumb but ohwell james. The covers actually dented the bonnet from upwards force.

dsc03361q.jpg

Measured the dish too

dsc03363wk.jpg

Fuck you all

dsc03355j.jpg

So yeah na yeah, might be time for 351 power, really wanted to use the old girl for bike summit, but doubt that will happen.

I love you babe but you just dont have to put me through this pain! Almost turning into Christine spec.

XOXO

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11483

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So the engine has been in and shit for a while. Seems the problem now is that it cant get fuel from the tank. Fuel pump as working sweet, if you pop some petrol down the carb its good and runs for 5 seconds or so but wont carry on. It ended up having another case of rockercoverblowupitis, but only pwnt one this time. So drianed that lot of petroil out. So obvisously wasnt the fuel pump that time, I can only put it down to us putting too much raw gas down carb and leaking past rings? Has done a few decnt back fires which in the tin shed (The Mansion) is 5 fifths of fucking loud.

Put the carb from the spinner on too just incase that was part of fuel dump dump

I blasted the fuel line out with air, but kinda need a cute pump to make sure I can get fuel out the end of it

DSC03893.jpg

DSC03895.jpg

DSC03910.jpg

Its flippin Wag Season this shit should be on the road.

Cherry.

• 2 years later...