Scheme's 1981 Toyota Corolla KE70 wag.

Guest Scheme

Guest Scheme

Havently really done much at all yet, stripped interior/body panels removed engine and box, havent got round to doing anything else of yet, but gonna get stuck in soon..

Havent even got round to removing the rest the stuff out the engine bay after taking the motor and box out.... nor the rest of the crap behind the dash, meh.

dx18xr.th.jpg dx28xg.th.jpg dx33el.th.jpg dx47yz.th.jpg

What's getting done;

Exterior;

Fully repainted, not sure which colour, either a dark green or dark blue still to decide whether to go gloss or metallic. sacked down to around 100mm all round, 17" advanti orphik wheels, tinted 35" all round. shave door locks (keyless entry). Roll guards to accomodate the 17's.

Interior;

Paint dash black, matching interior all round, black and whatever colour the cars painted, buckets in front, re-upholstered rear seat, new black carpet. New sounds of course...

Engine;

Work the standard 4k that came out of it for starters, just to get it back on the road after everything else is done. Then look at other engine options, 3t-gte, 1uz-fe, 4age, 4agze.

Hope to get it on the road by around christmas (my other car sucks the money too! :D.

EDIT: Will be nowhere near christmas now :D

Will try update pictures regulary.

• 1 month later...

The whole car's almost in baremetal but the rust on the rear shelf is a bit much, and theres a few dents etc around as well, would be around $400 to get it all mint again through a panel beater for the more serious stuff.

But I then saw a ke70 87 wag for sale with no motor/box which I went and had a good look at it and it was _mint_ a tiny bit of surface rust on the front valance which would be replaced with my older DX's front end (87 = ugly slant front).

The new one has not one rip in the interior (its all getting replaced anyway) and has a good dash with no cracks which I was going to have to buy.

So I can swap over the front end, chrome door handles, chrome strips along the top of the doors from my DX to the older ke70 and the badges of course, and theres a mint DX body ;)

This one has pretty mint paint for its age as well, so it'll just need a sand before it can be repainted :).

• 1 month later...

new bodys all stripped down, has been sent to get what rust it has fixed that I couldnt do myself ($450!) ah well, shit happens. thought it was rust free, until I took off the guards and had some serious rust underneath where the wiring grommets go through.

Halfway through scuffing up all the paint for the colour change (the original paint isnt bad its just white).

Grinded out battery tray as it was a bit ugly, looks mint now all smoothed out, battery will go in the boot. Getting there now, all steering/running gear has been removed (eg. sway bar, arms etc.) for a repsray of black, new bushes for everything in stock.

Fisholened everywhere u cant get to along the sills etc, up along the rails runnig down either side of the roof etc etc.

Much, much more to come. Paint will be done for sweet shit all, get a descent setup in the garage, big powerful compressor from work, new spray gun, buy paint, painter mate of mine will spray.

About another 6-7g from here and its done. :D

• 1 month later...

Ok,

Yet again I think I've had a change of heart. I may now head for the CA18DET engine, be a nice wee power plant for the light weight corolla.

Several wee dings in gay places have been sent ot the panel beaters to get fixed, all ready to paint, just waiting on the paint needle for my gun to spray the paint system I wish to use.

May not spend as much money as planned on interior etc to allow for more grunt in the engine bay.