Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:24 PM
was on the look out for another project since the kp is basically finished. after missing out on a few old toyota's. the ae85 popped up. yeah, kinda jumping on the band wagon with the ae85/6 thing, but fits my "requirements"
heres a few pics the day we picked it up:
powerhouse 3a-u and sweet fusion speaker wire battery clamp.
panda paint job is on the list to go. but way down the list.
have robbed some choice parts off my starlet(not the kp!) and are currently trying to sell it to fund the ae85 project.
Posted 24 December 2008 - 09:37 AM
i didn't tell the guy i was going to cut them up and put them in a toyota
Posted 26 December 2008 - 03:28 PM
cut the struts down. leaving just enough to aline the threaded tube, from the bc's. had to make a sleeve (middle in pic below) as the threaded tube id was 2-3mm larger than the outside of the strut. the nissan mounting points were chopped off as well.
pressing the lot together
Posted 26 December 2008 - 03:34 PM
top mount holes needed to be slotted a little to fit the nissan camber plates.
on lowest setting. sitting on some blocks of wood and jack stuck underneath, sweet
just need to remove and weld properly. then onto the rear.
Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:53 AM
car actually turns now, but still handles shit, since the back is shit
Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:27 PM
now i don't have to work on it in the garden, time to cut some holes!
heres whats funding the ae85 build. robbed some of the choice parts off it for the ae85, before i sold it.
Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:04 PM
final height should be close to this, need to cut the bumpstops down.
managed to chop the drives side hole a bit big somehow, so gotta fill the gap.
Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:41 PM
whole thing can go down another 50mm or so from this height. while everything is still captive etc. need to cut the bumpstops down so it has travel in the rear before going any lower. even at this height there's not much travel .
now i need a smallport 4age head, w5* box and a hilux diff now. if anyone has them hanging about?
Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:45 PM
3a is out. should have engine and box to mock up stuff on in next few weeks.
test fit of new steering rack.
quaife ae86 quick rack, kp steering rack housing. ps steering knuckles. kp housing is shorter than the ae one. so has some sweet lock. still gotta weld passenger side rack mount on that i cut off kp x member, plus mod passenger inside guard as tyre hits. will have bit more lock then in pic when done
Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:52 PM
even modified my dead person/engine lifter. sweet new wheels, note the awesome caster. has obese guy rating up from fat guy now.
got a engine and broken box for mocking shit up, moved engine mounts rear as much as possible without doing major mods. modified sump slightly. need the rubber mount that attaches to a w5* box if anyone has one ??
half made low mount alternator bracket, got lazy and didn't finish
Posted 06 June 2009 - 05:23 PM
some pics from ages ago i was too lazy to post:
inlet manifold under construction & mocking up turbo,still haven't decided if im gonna leave it in this location yet.
comments and mockery most welcome
Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:24 PM
looks a bit wack, but equal length and runners go into collector in correct order.
i ran out of pipe hence all the gaps and random bits of exhaust tube in places. so made a drop pipe
Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:42 PM
went on trademe one night half chopped, which wasn't my best idea ever. brought an intercooler. its huuge but fits surprisingly well. top brackets still to be made then its mounted.
and yes it fits behind the bumper!(which is rooted yeh) will most likely paint black so cant be seen at all.
Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:38 PM
nissan radiator cut down, yet to be mounted. intercooler and pipes done etc
deshielded valves and tidy up. ready to got to engine builder.
modified fwd pulley rwd. yeh you can buy them. but nar, i made one instead.
Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:48 PM
got a bit happy with angle grinder and cut up my front guards. then.,
welded them on here!
fired a bit of bog on it
thread requires new page, will split over few posts.
Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:54 PM
there was some pretty major reconstruction work when doing the gards, not showin in pics. as found more expanding foam repairs. cant weld to that shit!
at this point got the shits with panel work, start on front brake upgrades.
283mm rotor vs stock
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users