Jakes 80s cool mazda discussion

jakesae101

feel free to talk shit here about my latest money pit ect / source of financial instability 

have a feeling its been a rally car for a while autosport seats , a terratrip 2 and that momo to just tie it all together apparently it was built in the waikato so if anyone knows any history im all ears its been in gisborne for some time 

keen to see if its had bf brakes put on it to be rid of the tiny solids if anyone has any pro tips for me im all ears having never had a mazda before 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This ones from gisbourne engine revs out pretty hard too finished up the welding on the roof today cant wait to finish it tomorrow just need to put filler in it then prime and fix one tiny patch on the c pillar and a small patch in the floor then the rust is done for now and can start on the brakes

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey mate don't mean to burst your bubble but you will fail scruitineering with that battery box, I went through the same debarcle when I moved my batter to the boot of the starlet. Unless the batter is a fully sealed race battery (even by sealed red top ultima is not) then it has to be in a sealed container vented to outside the car (and secured with at least 4x M6 Iso 8.8 high tensile bolts) those black battery boxes are not sealed and vent within the cars cabin. I used a small clear sealed briscoes storage container with a piece of rubber fuel hose running from the box and out a hole in the floor. I tried arguing with the MSNZ technical officers over the fact an optima is sealed but they wouldn't wear it, has to be completely dry cell to avoid it.

Hey mate don't mean to burst your bubble but you will fail scruitineering with that battery box, I went through the same debarcle when I moved my batter to the boot of the starlet. Unless the batter is a fully sealed race battery (even by sealed red top ultima is not) then it has to be in a sealed container vented to outside the car (and secured with at least 4x M6 Iso 8.8 high tensile bolts) those black battery boxes are not sealed and vent within the cars cabin. I used a small clear sealed briscoes storage container with a piece of rubber fuel hose running from the box and out a hole in the floor. I tried arguing with the MSNZ technical officers over the fact an optima is sealed but they wouldn't wear it, has to be completely dry cell to avoid it.

yea i am aware of the rule it was just the battery that came with the car and i was sick of it rolling round "road testing" probably going to go with a 22Ah or similar battery that's sealed strange they wouldn't allow an optima they are 10mm bolts in the bottom of the box so its compliant other than the battery thats in it 

• 1 month later...