Help with X flow build

2nd Chance

Hey all, need some advice from people who really know their xflows.

I'm wanting to build a fast road spec xflow from a ford 681f. The build is budgetly restrained due to a large renno and young family. Hence I want to make sure my theory is right before I commit and spend money.

First off I'm sticking with the original bore. It's fine as it is and I plan on passing the car on in years to come, so I won't bore unless I have to. The engine has a weber 32/36 dvag which is also staying. I'm intending to install a kent 234 cam and adjustable cam timing gear. I'm also planning on 41.3mm inlet valves, 33.7 exhaust valves with unleaded seats, and an electronic dizzy kit with uprated coil. All this with a bit of polish and maybe a small bit porting. Also have a free flow exhaust fitted. I'll fit new leads and plugs as well.

Am I on the right track with this set up? And is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks in advance

dont worry about the block, it only matters with a full on race car IMO, I have been running a 681f for years without issue (fingers crossed more years to come too). Bigger problem is with the recessed head and an earlier block is that you cant just fit 1300 pistons as both have dish so you will lower compression

I also wouldnt worry about adjustable timing gear if money is an issue