Help, Europe's largest Car Magazine wants photos and car isn't running.

I am still waiting on the new crankshaft from Germany to arrive.. however I just got an email last night from an editor at Auto Bild Magazine in Europe.. and they are doing a 25th anniversary of the Berlin Wall coming down and the Trabant... and they want to include mine because as far as we can tell its the furthest away from Zwickau where they were made... I've been told before that there is one in Christchurch but I have no details of that one.. 

So i am trying to go through an emergency plan to get the car on the road at least temporarily so I can get some photos of it in front of an NZ landmark... Oh I should mention they want photos by monday.. 

Option A: Probably the best option with the limited time, does anyone have a car trailer + tow car and time tomorrow to Taxi the car around for about 1.2hrs (25mins from Karori -> Miramar + photo time + 25mins back to Karori)... I was thinking some photos in front of the Wellington Sign might be the best bet in that case, but could take other suggestions if you think there is a better location...  

Edit: I have a work colleague with a 4wd we can use as a tow car if someone has a trailer we can borrow... 

Option B: Try and drill the damaged dowl in out tonight and replace it with the dowel pin from my original crank. (Will know if that is possible tonight) If that works, use the new flywheel and hope it sticks together for the day. (requires extra work to reassemble everything) and a spare pair of hands would be awesome for the final install and timing setup. But will know more if this would be even possible when i get home later this evening.

Cheers

C. 

• Like 1

Well option C kinda happened, which is: oh shit I can't get the dowel/key pin out of the old crank, so no point even trying to drill out the broken one... lets just smash it all together and see what happens... 

and it starts... well for a few seconds.. (carb is flooding a bit..) but then the battery died... so I will have to wait till tomorrow to take it for a test drive (very gentle test drive) and if that works fine then go take some pictures with it. 

Cheers

A. 

• Like 1

Just and update on this... I managed to get everything working reliable on wednesday and went out to the miramar headlands and took some photos pointing back towards the city to send off to AutoBild... so looking forward to seeing the article when its printed... 

That said the engine is back out of the car as the new crankshaft arrived on wednesday (same day we did the photos) so I hope to have that installed tonight after I finish the prep work.