Tetanus on Wheels AKA Vince's Buggy

P_Star

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an oem beetle steering wheel... big be too big, but it isnt held together with tape...

Cheers man but yeah, she's pretty tight in there I'd say OEM spec will be too giant.

Buy the wildcat wheel off flyingbricks ute thing he got. Looks same. Might be bigger though

Wait... what... where?

That's the sort of thing i was thinking, any cheap shitty thing will work as it won't need a boss kit or anythign... I think it's just bolted straight on there lol

Good shit man, yous was serial about this huh?

That is not only a kombi gearbox, but the whole rear unit/torsion bar housing, bugs don't have those big frame rails

Can see the reduction boxes in last pic, they give lower gearing and higher ground clearance, so it's a good thing.

Dibs on ridey rides, cos probably won't be able to reach the pedals once adjusted for lanky fuckers.

Rides you shall has!

Oh don't worry, I'm sure provisions of some sort will be made for vertically challenged drivers...

some blocks on the pedals could be cable tied on I'm sure :P

I would quite like a Manx style buggy, I think I know where one is that a guy is "going to fix up one day".

Quite jealous of your purchase

Yeah I'd love a road legal glass jobbie... hence my inclination to purchase that body... then just need to one day find a rusty old beetle... build some cage... cert... 

urgh.

maybe not haha