Toyota 2jz engine questions

jtc3d

Hey automotive ninjas,

I have a few questions I need answers to. I'm gonna look them up on the interwebs, but I thought I'd throw them out to you guys as well. You may have some quick answers for me that'll save me some googling time. :)

Does the 2jz-ge vvti have a fuel bar overflow return system?

The 3"8 outlet pipe at the back of the block under the manifold. Is it for a heater pipe or engine cooling?

Will the power steering sensor in the engine computer cause problems, if we loop the outlet to the return on the power steering pump? Or there a better way to do it? Is it easier to just take the power steering pump off the engine and run a shorter belt?

I hope those make sense. Any help would be much apprech!

Cheers guys.

• Like 1

yes you will need to run a return line.

Unsure if ms65's have them from factory.

One ption for this is to put a tee piece in the Fuel filler over flow line, and run the return line into that.

ANd yes I am pretty sure the pipe you are talking about would normally feed into the heater tap located in the similar area.

as for power steer, I will have a think.

yeah ditch the pump no idea what else runs on that belt may be that you need to replace it with an adjustable idler pulley if the pump is used to tension the belt. as for the sensor no problems its only a signal to tell the computer when the steering is under hard load and it'll rev up the motor a little to compensate for the extra needed power to drive the pump. if you aren't using the power steering then it'll never be under any type of load anyway so it won't care.

oh yeah forgot to mention that lol.

yeah i ended up cutting that out of my wiring

2jz runs a spring loaded type tensioner anyway. i have had a bit of trouble trying to stop my built from squealing

but a better belt might solve that.

had to change the tensioner pulley to a holden vx one.

also. how is your water pump run??

my setup

IMG_0278_zpsff6f29ed.jpg

biggest problem really is that the belt doesnt wrap all around the crank pulley like it should.... another option is to make some other sort of tensioner as said...

sheepers suggested making the alternator adjustable like he did on his 2jz celica build, but i found u didnt have the room between alternator and chassis