New race series '2Kcup'

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_bosozoku_gx71_*

Guest_bosozoku_gx71_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

Hey there thought some of you guys might be interested in having a look at this. Seems like a pretty good idea. Few questions I have about it but I'm sure they will sort them out relatively quickly. Anyway thoughts? Sure there is a few guys who own cars that fit into this.

http://2kcup.com/

#2 Guest_Truenotch_*

Guest_Truenotch_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

We've already got this series in the Manawatu - it's called the RS Cup (RS = Real Slow).

The rules are you don't need a cage if you have WOF and reg, road tyres only and you aren't allowed to go quicker than 1:32 around Manfeild.
  • JoKer likes this

#3 Guest_Lt Dan_*

Guest_Lt Dan_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

33mins on road tyres could be interesting.

#4 Guest_bosozoku_gx71_*

Guest_bosozoku_gx71_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

We've already got this series in the Manawatu - it's called the RS Cup (RS = Real Slow).

The rules are you don't need a cage if you have WOF and reg, road tyres only and you aren't allowed to go quicker than 1:32 around Manfeild.

Is this a series that is purely run at the one track though? Would be awesome to have something like this so close to Auckland. Would make it two easily contestable rounds and a third without too much hassle as well

#5 Guest_mikuni_*

Guest_mikuni_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

Ooooohhhhh, That makes more sense. I didn't click the link and assumed this was a race series dedicated to 2K Starlets.
  • bosozoku_gx71 and GuyWithAviators like this

#6 Guest_The Bronze_*

Guest_The Bronze_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

So keen. Going to get an N14 like I used to have just for this.

Or maybe a chevette? Hrmmm.

#7 Guest_rotorhoe_*

Guest_rotorhoe_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

Actually quite keen on this idea

#8 Guest_Truenotch_*

Guest_Truenotch_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

I reckon there are far too many rules and the race formats look rediculous. It also looks like they're planning to use this as a support class for the supertourers by the look of the series dates?

Not a fan.

#9 Guest_durty_*

Guest_durty_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

What I don't get is that it says cars must be stock. How are they going to tell if you have updated shocks/stiffer springs etc?

#10 Guest_Truenotch_*

Guest_Truenotch_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Dunno, but I reckon a certain MX5 racecar could easily win.

#11 Guest_bosozoku_gx71_*

Guest_bosozoku_gx71_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

I think it will be based on honesty more than anything? And the fact that if a few cars happen to handle spectacularly then it will be kind of obvious. I still think its a pretty good idea and you could easily run a car on a budget and still just use it as a daily.

#12 Guest_Truenotch_*

Guest_Truenotch_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Yeah, nah.

Have you ever thrashed a car around a track for an hour? It's a really bad idea with a daily. IMO it should just be based on a minimum lap time and 6-8 lap races.

#13 Guest_The Bronze_*

Guest_The Bronze_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Agree the race length is a bit nuts. I like Rule 2.8 - basically the organisers have the right to buy your car at the end of each race for $2500 - to keep you honest about spending stupid money.

Don't think there are too many rules; i looked at getting into a few different classes over the years and was overwhelmed by the anal-ness, this seems like an honest attempt to make racing accessible.

#14 Guest_durty_*

Guest_durty_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

Is there more details about the rules for this stz?

#15 Guest_bigfoot_*

Guest_bigfoot_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

my wagon would be perfect for this, id be happy to get paid 2500 for it

#16 Guest_Truenotch_*

Guest_Truenotch_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

http://www.motorspor...g.nz/events/wsr

#17 Guest_Truenotch_*

Guest_Truenotch_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Guest_BDA780_*

Guest_BDA780_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Darn!
I was dreaming about a Sierra Wag touring car today.

I like the idea of the class but would rather build a classic car to Arrow Wheels regs.
Ultimately a low budget BTCC class a la Mikuni's car would be sweet.
  • mikuni likes this

#19 Guest_mattscort_*

Guest_mattscort_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

I can't see the track staff being happy with street cars with headlights and indicators etc. But if this actually goes ahead I am keen, thinking silvertop levin
  • flyingbrick likes this

#20 Guest_KIRK_*

Guest_KIRK_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

problem I can see is that any $2000 car is prob guna need a few grand spent on it to make it track worthy lol. cool idea tho. seems a lot better value than hq holdens and pro 7
  • CaMpylobacter and rotorhoe like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users