1UZ powered Pajero

NVMPAJ

Got my motor on Thursday , pulled out the dead 4M40 and tried out the mid-sump . I even sussed out how to wire the V8 to turnover .its only the beginning but so far so good.i got a Toyota relay fuse box with the intention of running the engine with it ,and keeping the Pajero one for everything else (can't work out how to load pics sorry)image_zpsdb36f507.jpg

heres the future powerplant ..............they are fantastic motors

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for anyone interested the Pajero auto is the same as the Lexus ,hence the reason the Lexus bell housing fits the Pajero . Just have to use the lexus bell housing, torque converter ,input shaft and pump then the V8 will connect up to the Pajero .

• Like 1

Have been sorting how to wire the pajero auto to work off the Lexus engine , it looks like thanks to a separate computer for the auto I just need to connect the kick down cable , source a Pajero water temp switch that will allow the OD to work when the engine is up to temperature and connect the throttle position sensor (TPS) to the correct wire on the auto computer. Fingers crossed it all works out!

Sussed out the ecu hasn't got the 4th plug assume its in Japan somewhere !! .Have been playing about with the sump ,have cut my pickup into two that allows me to reposition it and also make it longer by adding 100mm. I'm thinking about making a plate that will bolt to the upper sump section then bolt my original front steel section to this ,thereby creating a rear sump . I'll post some pics of my devious plan when it starts to look better than lumps of steel!

Well the plot thickens . I've made a mock up of sorts and found the factory sump will hit the front drive shaft. So I'm going to need to build a bit of a hybrid sump that sits off centre to avoid the drive shaft . I wish I had a rear sump set up just to try out. I was hoping to fire up the motor next week just check the wiring etc. I have checked the bores and can see the hone marks which tells me it's either had work recently or has hardly any wear which is great

• Like 1

Have trialed a mockup sump . Seems to fit okay ,will still go for the rare as hens teeth rear sump but will use my home made one in the meantimeimage-2.jpgThis is the pic of my mockup it avoids the front diff and also the drive shaftThis other pic from google shows the sort of thing I might have to if and when I get the rear oneimage-3.jpg

Right I've given my 'sump' to a real welder to get right , in the meantime I'm playing about with a factory toyota fuse/ relay box to use to make the 1uz go ,actually not that easy but it matches up quite well with what I need to make things work. And means I shouldn't have to interfere too much with the Pajero wiring