R100's Sensible Slammed Terrano family wagon

R100

After seeing Clints dropped Terrano i decided i wanted one. Clints one here > http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5564/6711043.jpg

Last month i purchased a 1990 terrano and a 1989 Navara.

The Terrano is in very tidy condition with the last owner having it for 14 years.

Its currently 4WD auto powered by a TD27 turbo engine that starts and runs sweet.

Plans are to drop the Terrano body onto the Navara chassis or cut and splice the 2 chassis together, Have gathered a bit of information off Clint (cletus) but not entirly sure how i will go about it all just yet.

The end result at this stage is i want a lowered Terrano rolling on 20-22 inch rims.

I want to use the TD27 T engine and keep it auto. Have just picked up a Nissan Caravan RWD auto trans that ill be installing.

Will wind up the boost to 10lbs and fit an intercooler.

Im after a cool looking sensible wagon for my family to cruze around in that will replace our 2008 SSV Commodore.

Another option is i fit the Y44 Nissan V8 i have with after market injection.

Not looking for big power, just a nice cruzer.

My terrano at present (no springs as im playing around with hights)

and donour Navara.

27zanvd.jpg

30u9s1k.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have already removed the Navara cab and tray and destroyed it. On the back of my truck destined for the scrap man.

I will sell the Y44 if i do not end up using it on this project.

Its the later model injected version.

I can't see your pics but a guy on ORE has a rolled Navara that he is looking for a good (double cab iirc) shell... might work out for you if you wanna flick the Nav Cab?

Edit: here's his fred: http://www.offroadexpress.co.nz/Forums/ ... 18&t=21378

That's my workmates Navara, he just got another cab for it last week.

He had looked at swapping terrano body onto Nav chassis in the past, remember him saying it wasn't a major, but by no means a straight swap over.

I will sell the Y44 if i do not end up using it on this project.

Its the later model injected version.

Keep me posted on that and how much you would want for it if so. Cheers ears. BTW, you could put a face to the kyteler/retro-classics name. I came into your store with Richard/Snoozin a while ago when he was trying to sort out his alternator. ;)

Im trying to pick a nice wheel for it. Want to fit at least a 20" rim. Looking at these at the moment.

There called a DEMODA DF2

df2_black.jpg

Need some wheels soon as this will help determin the height.

From what ive read and been told theres a bit more involved than just changine the body mounts. But yeah i will remove the terrano body and cmpare chassis befor i make and decisions.

I have also read the td27 runs factory 6lbs boost. I really need to get my own boost guage on there to check.

The old chassis will most likely go to scrap. Will hit you up when im ready to get rid of it.

get them off that yuck mitsi before you catch the herpes ^

yeah I tried to find a commodore powered Mazda ute but couldn't find one so had to settle with the yuck herpes machine. /Offtopic

Pretty sure the Terranosaurus motor will be running somewhere between 8 and 11 Psi standard boost, depending on year / model etc..

is the navara chassis a short wheelbase?

Yes i believe it is. Decided this weekend i wont be using any part of the navara chassis as theres a bit too much surface rust on it. If im doing this project i want good parts. Whats your thoughts clint ? Was going to ring you but thought it would be better to ducument ideas etc on here.