Jurassic Auto's Quad cam 81 PG720

Yet another project in my shed this time it's a Quad cam PG720.

The plan is to create a vehicle that I can transport Misc parts with for other projects and tow my other V8 R30 Project race car I'm building.

So I'm fitting a VG30DE out of a Z32 attached to this will be a Borg Warner T5 from a Z31 with HD clutch setup and all this is being shoe-horned into my 720 it should be interesting if nothing else :lol: lots of Skids for me!! :twisted:

dscf0917f.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

With The last part of this project will be to fabricate a low loader trailer (Design Pics to come)

• 3 months later...

Here's a few more pics to show the extent of the work being undertaken............ insanity raines supreme :lol::rolleyes::?

dscf1040e.jpg

What's left of the battery box

dscf1032q.jpg

Right hand side of radiator support just in front of the battery box with similar issues on the left hand side also

dscf1031l.jpg

Up under the left hand gaurd with similar issues on the right hand side aswell

dscf1035t.jpg

Am having to relocate the stock Z32 Oil filter mount so I can use the Z31 starter and gearbox as the mount is right where the starter needs to be for this all to work. :!:

dscf1026qs.jpg

Shouldn't be too much of an issue if I just use a remote filter mount

dscf1059i.jpg

Also having to replace all the cambelt covers, water pump as they were bent and broken in the accident the donor car was in and may aswell do the cambelt while I'm at it.

dscf1024p.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Update#1

due to the over abundence of rust in the previously listed ute I decided to purchase a more viable option thus I have purchased this gem below as a more suitable starting point to this objective.

myute4.jpg

As you can see it is reasonably stock and in pretty much STD condition

myute1.jpg

the inside is mostly intact apart from the drivers seat

myute2.jpg

With an L18 power plant

myute3.jpg

Float level is a litte high in the carb but other than that it runs like a charm with the odd vibration which is to be expected for a gem of this vintage.