slacker_sam's Stock as 1981 MA61 Celica XX GT.

Slacker_Sam.

Discussion thread > viewtopic.php?f=18&t=32072

Today it suddenly dawned on me that I don't have a build thread for my Celica. I've had It for well over a year now. And its gone from project to daily driver and now back to project.
Basically Ive always wanted a Celica XX (supra in UK) Since Gran Turismo 3 came out. I got this one by complete fluke. I was delivering some car parts to a local garage and i spotted it sitting out the back looking very sorry for itself (pics to come) I asked the owner of the garage about it. Turned out it was his mum's, he told me how its been in his family for 20 odd years, but it cracked the head and his mum thought it wasnt worth fixing so it had been sitting out the back of the workshop for 12 months. I had a nosey at it and was like "Awesome its a 2.8 and HOLY SHIT its manual too."
Cutting a long story short I eventually managed to persuade his mum to sell it, I had to take her down to the workshop and show her what a state it was in. Threw a new head on it, flushed the radiator & its good as gold.
So this is when I picked it up
285104_10150245241593994_4915651_n.jpg
This is when it was my daily
215098_10150250648833994_8303608_n.jpg
And this is it now... With DISH
DSCF4167.jpg
DSCF4171.jpg
DSCF4168.jpg
DSCF4169.jpg

• 1 month later...

So anyway I got tyres put on my steelies & they look super sweet. But with the OS nats coming up I thought "I need a back up car, encase I have troubles with the triumph," So I pulled finger & chopped out all the rust from the hatch and welded in some new steel. Looks a bit rough but it will do for now. I also Painted a rising sun on the side after afew beers. Sorted out all the wof issues so hopefully it will pass. Evobilly might be using this to go up to the nats if his KE35 isnt ready.

Hatch welding.... thanks to a old washing machine for donating the steel and my SH*T welding skills.

DSCF4209.jpg

DSCF4208.jpg

Boot trim & carpet all put back in, now all clean!

DSCF4207.jpg

MMMM.... Dish. Will be getting some low after wof

DSCF4210.jpg

Sensible wheels for wof. apparently your not allowed 195's on a 9" rim. and rust free hatch fitted.

DSCF4211.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Picture-less update. Been using it as my daily driver, such a nice car to drive. Had afew hiccups, flange gasket went, so I replaced it but managed to fuck the studs on the manifold. So now its extra leaky... Ive booked it in at the local exhaust shop to have the manifold studs replaced & a new Bosozoku style twin exit up swept exhaust. now were do I get those little rain stoppers trucks have on there stacks??

• 1 month later...

Ive just been driving and driving this beast, clocking up the ks, so nice, so reliable.... Just gotta make sure I keep up with the oil consumption. Since last update I've done a few cosmetic upgrades, and I've acquired this:

DSCF4311.jpg

Plans are to rebuild & attach a turbo. Nothing too crazy, I just want a bit more get up & go.

JAF badge:

DSCF4308.jpg

and extra Jaf badges:

DSCF4313.jpg

Hang ring thing:

DSCF4309.jpg

Dildo:

DSCF4310.jpg

.....Im such a hipster.

and "Uncle Limpys Love Palace"

292236_10150842375948994_2097087218_n.jpg

Discuss: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=32072

• 3 months later...

Just a quick update. the wof & reg have run out so its time for a refresh. Ive found rust starting in a few places

*bottom of the door shuts

*under the left front guard

*under the wiper valence.

Also there is play in both the rack ends, the suspension needs some love & the turbo conversion.

here's how she sits currently:

SAM_4778.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So this thing is back on the road. Mainly due to the fact that I cant find anything to replace the Hunter wagon. I spent far to much money on a set of cobra low springs....They aint even that low. Had to replace both steering rack ends & spent a few hours Hammeriting the worst of the rust. Worst areas were

*bottom of door shuts

*behind the pop up  headlights

*around the left rear window & B-pillar

*Starting to rust around bonnet hinges

Also I replaced the gearbox oil because crunchy shifting when cold is not ideal..... It was black. So I used some 75w-90 synthetic. In short no more crunchy shifts!

Rising sun now gone!

SAM_5248_zps773bc275.jpg

New ride height & sharak X-1s

SAM_5247_zpsf5fed95f.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a few pictures from Nationals. Didn't miss a beat. Took a hiding in the khana.

1001890_10152002598188994_680019042_n.jp

My accommodation for the weekend

1653706_10151982380488994_250738733_n.jp

Me attempting to be drift king:

10294383_10152081466098994_6886478235358

and one of my favorite pics of the weekend. At the abandoned cement works over golden bay.

10296605_10152081466048994_7988491906826

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Pic-less update. Summer is coming so I'll be getting the old girl out of the shed for a wof. But first the front suspension is well and truly rogered. The front struts are very clunky. The rear isn't much better. So I'll be pulling it all out & installing new shocks, spring pads & bushes. I also need some new Eagers as my sidewall are cracked to shit.